Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved CLI on my NFCU Go Rewards!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved CLI on my NFCU Go Rewards!!!

So I just have to share awesomeness I am feeling right now as I slowly started to believe that my luck was running out. Okay here it goes...

Sunday night I submitted an online request for a CLI on my Go Rewards Visa. I've been a member since December 2014 and recently opened up a CC in December 2015. I initially had a credit limit of $1K which I managed pretty well, with only going over the 30% rule once in June, but always PIF each month.

I called to check on the status as there was an automated message once I submitted the request that I'd receive a response in 24 hours. Tuesday arrives and still nothing, so I call the credit department and they need additional information. Then I'm advised that it will take an additional 48 hours to review. Thursday comes and goes, still nothing. I'm getting worried.

Finally I gain the nerve to chat online with a rep, which I'm notified to call in for some additional review again. So by this time, I'm thinking I give up, just sent me my rejection letter. But something inside of me said, No. Give them a call. So I dial their number and get connected to the credit department and ask what additional information is needed. Come to find out they were having a problem with verifying my income on whether it was monthly or salaried. Go figure!

I'm placed on hold for a brief two minutes while the rep makes a call to the loan department to review my file and then here comes the good news....

Congratulations ma'am! I'm pleased to let you know that you have been approved for $6500 available now! I wanted to scream but I'm work right now, but man they had me on pins and needles. Anyway its Fri-yay everyone!! I'm having a great day and hope you are too!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved CLI on my NFCU Go Rewards!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

I've got a CLI pending on mine from yesterday...cant seem to get the chat function to pop up...

Agian, nice increase!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Richie! I'm like over the moon with this news. I don't even want to spend it just knowing that its available is making me glow lol.

I had the chat box pop up in this random screen when I clicked on transfers lol, it was weird.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a hell of an increase enjoy!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is indeed. I'm done with pressing the button on increasing my credit for at least 3 years or more now.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go!! Sometime we gotta sweat for certain clis but when approved, well worth itSmiley Happy Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP ,.why didn't you guys wait for the AR in the next couple of days ? SP CLI most times , but regardless that's a great CLI 😊
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did wait nearly a week. Basically the rep I spoke to on Tuesday told me that my income needed clarification as I'm exempt (salaried), I'm accustomed to always indicating my annual income. They wanted to know if this was my monthly or annual, so I clarified my reported income is annual in which the credit rep placed me on hold to call the LO that stated they will update my account in 24-48 hours.

It wasn't until Friday I figured if I didn't hear back that I may have been rejected. In my line of work, I'm always calling to make verify information for my client's and the firm I work for so it comes second nature to place requests and follow-up on things like this. In essence, I just called to check on the status since it was going beyond the 48 hour timeframe. After speaking to another credit rep, she informed me that there was a note about my income, so I asked her is it the same note I already clarified a few days ago or a new one? She did her research and determined that it had been resolved and that they just didn't update my account with their decision. One simple call and and a brief 2 minute (if that) hold later to speak with the LO, I received the good news.

I'm still learning a ton of information from the wealth of knowledge you all so graciously share for managing credit. I've always grown up to pay cash and that its KING, partially why my scores are so low now. But that's about to change. I wasn't aware of a SP CLI with them since the card hasn't been open a full 12 months so I took the chance with a HP instead. Either way I'm grateful and very appreciative, thank you Aduke Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/m-p/2101185/highlig...

Here is the massive NFCU CLI guide if you haven't already read it I recommend giving it a look. It's huge but full of so much useful info about NAVY fed and CLI . Basically I'll give you the run down . After your account has cut atleast 3 statements and an AR has been done you can request a CLI and more times than not it will be a SP .. this thread will show you exactly what you need to do and how it has worked for others. CONGRATS AGAIN OP
Message 9 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Oh and the ARs are done on everyone's accts every 60 days . It's just a review into your accts to see if your eligible for any new offers or CLI , also come December you can call for an APR reduction on your acct .
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.