Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved: CO Quick Silver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved: CO Quick Silver

Approved for Capital One QuickSilver today, on a whim/credit karma “good approval odds” suggestion.

Any other cards you think I’d be approved for? Store cards.

CS 467 TU 471 EQ
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved: CO Quick Silver

If your scores are correct, I would just use the Quicksilver responsibly for awhile and let your score come up a bit before applying for anything else.  

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd definitely not apply for anything more right now, and show responsible usage with this card. I'd also work on whatever it is that is causing your scores to be so low.

Other info would be helpful to better help you, such as AAoA and other cards you have.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I’m afraid they are. I have a lot of medical debt and a couple cell phones from when I was 18–21 yo. I turn 33 in a couple weeks. **bleep** is constantly getting resold. Other than that it’s student loans, one auto loan. No other cards.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on a quick average of my TU account, my AAoA is 5.5 years. Oldest being 13y10m.
Message 5 of 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. I’m afraid they are. I have a lot of medical debt and a couple cell phones from when I was 18–21 yo. I turn 33 in a couple weeks. **bleep** is constantly getting resold. Other than that it’s student loans, one auto loan. No other cards.

Do a little research on how to dispute items on your credit report.  Should be esy to get those items removed that are 85 months old or older.

GL

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 12
TheConstant
Regular Contributor

What do you mean by, "keeps getting resold"?

If you're talking about collection accounts, reselling the debt does not restart the clock. These burn and churn schemes are highly illegal. I'd submit disputes to the Credit Bureaus if that's going on with you. And if that doesn't work, I'd hire a lawyer

Goal Score:800

[ AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $34500 ]
[ Chase Sapphire Reserve - $22400 ]
[ BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $31000 ]
[ BofA Cash Rewards - $18000 ]
[ Citi AAdvantage Platinum - $15000 ]
[ Chase Freedom Flex - $12000 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7800 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7000 ]
[ AmEx EveryDay Preferred - $5000 ]
[ Discover IT - $4500 ]
Message 7 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

and

Message 8 of 12
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved for Capital One QuickSilver today, on a whim/credit karma “good approval odds” suggestion.

Any other cards you think I’d be approved for? Store cards.

CS 467 TU 471 EQ

What was your credit limit, if you don't mind me asking?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! That's my fiance's daily driver and I'm an authorized user on, it's a pretty good card. The best thing you can do for your credit right now is use that card responsibly and don't spend more than you can pay.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.