Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved: Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature

tag
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

Approved: Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature

Hey everybody!

I've been waiting a few weeks to post this as I didn't know whether Affinity was going to approve me or not. Back on March 31st, I did a baby spree and went for two of my most wanted goal cards. I app'd Affinity first quickly followed by the Cap One preapproval that I knew would pretty much be a sure thing. I instantly got approved for the Savor One with a SL of $5000. The regular apr is a high 25.75%, but I got the $200 sub and 0% apr for the first 15 months so I'm beyond happy. I've been sitting with my fingers crossed on Affinity for about three weeks and finally decided to call them today. Turns out, I'd been approved within a week and had just missed the docusign email. So I quickly sent that off and discovered I've been approved for $5000 with the max apr of 15.75%. I've been after both of these cards for about two years now and am so happy to have gotten far enough in my rebuild to get them.

Now for some dp... When I applied on 3/31, I had a 675 on EX Fico 8, 2 inqs (both already with Cap One and Affinity) 9+ months old with 2% util and $17,800 in TTL. My other Cap One card has a $5500 limit and I have two other cards with CLs of $4000 or higher. I'm also about 2.5 years post-Ch7 discharge with a 10 yr 7 mo AAoA. Most of my current debt is in student loans. I've had a checking and savings account with Affinity for a little over a year now, which is probably why they didn't ask me for POI. I also had an offer for their Pure Rewards card in my preapprovals at the time, but I really wanted the Cash Rewards so I took the plunge and am soooo glad I did.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved: Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature

Congrats on your Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature Approval 🤑👍👍

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved: Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature

Wow great story you shared on your experience with those points. Thanks.

It can prove helpful maybe for someone looking along the same lines.

Congratulations on the Savor Approval and more to your point the Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa!!

Message 3 of 11
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 4 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 5 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Savor One and Affinity FCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature approvals.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 11
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your two approvals!

Message 7 of 11
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

That savor one is one of my favorite cards, 3 pct cb on groceries.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on both approvals Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One and Affinity FCU approvals! 🎉

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.