Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Chase Slate $5,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved Chase Slate $5,000

So my scores are: TU 545, Experian 630, Eqifax 604.

I have multiple collections. Identity theft but the companies are refusing to remove them! Totaling $2500.00 I recently started fixing up my score. About a year ago I was at almost in the 400s! I co-signed on a $15,000 vehicle loan about 8 months ago. Was a buy here pay here lot. So with $2500 down they allowed me to co-sign. Payments have been made on time. The main account holder was my company. They didn’t need a co-signer but allowed me to do this so I could boost my score.

Next I got a Regions Secured Card. $300. I’ve had this card about 4 months now. I pay as I should and never use over 15% About a month ago I figured let’s take my chances and applied for a Lane Bryant card online. I got approved for $300.00.

After coming on here and reading I just picked a card Chase Slate and applied. I got approved for $5,000! I also applied for Amex Green right before and I was denied even after doing the reconsideration. Odd because I had Amex platinum 3 years. Charged $10k/month and was never late paying. I left them in excellent standing.

Just wanted to post to say there is hope when applying!!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Chase Slate $5,000

Congrats on your Chase approval!! Nice limit for your scores
Message 2 of 19
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Wow congrats!
I’m dying to get a Chase card but I’m trying to be a good gardender😖 I thought chase would be a little stricter with the scores too.

I’m happy for you from what I read on this board they are really good if you treat them well. Enjoy your new card
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

BAM!!

Welcome to the Chase family!

Most excellent SL with your credit file!

Congrats!

Message 4 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

5k is a great limit on the SlateSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
After coming on here and reading I just picked a card Chase Slate and applied. I got approved for $5,000!

Congratulations!

When you applied for the Chase did you request a balance transfer directly on the application or did you leave that section blank?  If you did ask for a BT how much were you transferring?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see you get approved.  Not only were you lucky with your current scores but that limit is high compared to most Slate starting lines.

Maybe later on you can get a Freedom or FU and transfer your Slate line of credit over to one of the other cards.  After the initial balance transfer most people get it for the Slate card has relatively no other perks.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahzwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
After coming on here and reading I just picked a card Chase Slate and applied. I got approved for $5,000!

Congratulations!

When you applied for the Chase did you request a balance transfer directly on the application or did you leave that section blank?  If you did ask for a BT how much were you transferring?

Considering he only has a $300 secured card (which he never uses more than 15% of) and $300 lane Bryant card I highly doubt he opted for a BT (and if so it wasnt much at all)

Message 8 of 19
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Aahzwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Congratulations!

Considering he only has a $300 secured card (which he never uses more than 15% of) and $300 lane Bryant card I highly doubt he opted for a BT (and if so it wasnt much at all)

Considering the OP's scores and what they shared about their report I think most here highly doubted Chase would approve them for a $5k Slate, but here we are.

Message 9 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why not, PF recently gave a 50k limit to a poster with a combined 52k income and a 2 year old bk, anything is possible nowadaysSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.