Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Chase World of Hyatt Visa Sig 30K

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Approved! Chase World of Hyatt Visa Sig 30K

My Chase run continues with my 5th new Chase card since May 2018 (16 months)!  Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I'm done with Chase for now.  Lol

Chase World of Hyatt Visa Signature ... Credit limit $30,000!  ... APR 17.99%

*which is actually .25% below their advertised lowest APR on that card

but consistent with other recent APR reductions at Chase on other cards

including two of my others after the prime rate dropped.

They reviewed it for almost a full week before approving.  I kept getting the "30-day" message on the hotline.  Finally this morning, it showed up in my Chase app and online as one of my cards!  (I've found that is an easy way to see approvals first when you already have at least one open Chase card.) 

The SUB on this card is pretty good!  Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.  The Points Guy website estimates Hyatt points are worth 1.7 cents each, so that is total SUB of about $850

It does charge a $95 AF (not waived first year) but it also gives you a free night's stay annually so pretty much pays for itself if you keep it. Plus if you spend $15K annually, you also get a 2nd free night's stay.

If you stay at Hyatts a lot, the points could add up quickly.  You get 4 points per dollar spend at Hyatts (worth about 6.8% return).  You also get 2 points (or about 3.4%) when used for restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting as well as fitness club and gym memberships.  You get 1 point (or about 1.7%) when used for anything else. 

As usual for existing Chase customers, they just did a single pull with Experian.  My Experian file has really taken a beating with all the Chase pulls so several more inquiries on it than TU and EQ.  There are 2 pulls on all three but EX has those two plus the extra Chase pulls.  Still, they approved me.  Those two older inquiries are both aging off in the next 30 days since they were almost two years ago. 

For Data points, all my scores are 800+ and utilization is 1%.

Long credit history overall (30+ years), 19 years with Chase overall, and high income. 

I had no new card apps for several years before beginning this 16-month run. 

Recent Approvals:

Chase Sapphire Reserve - $35K initial SL - ($50K currently after CL transfer)

Chase INK Business Preferred - $9K for small sole proprietorship

Chase Freedom - $21.9K

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless - $33K

Chase World of Hyatt - $30K

*My Freedom Unlimited is PC from a 19-year old SLATE Visa.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved! Chase World of Hyatt Visa Sig 30K

Nice run. Congrats on your approval 

Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!! Very Nice SLSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done with those Chase cards and your newest addition!

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice approval..  Appears you have alot of your portfolio in Chase.  Ever thought about other lenders although do see a few others in your signature. Assume you were under the 5/24 rule.   Banks took a beating today with the market sell-off, be interesting to see if they will start to tighten up if it continues.

Message 5 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

HUGE  CONGRATS  on your 5th Chase card approval and your LEGENDARY Chase TCL - $143,000!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the card Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats!! Very Nice SLSmiley Happy

@M_Smart007 ... HOW COOL !!!  Thanks so very much!  That’s a keeper!  Smiley Very Happy

Business Cards

Message 8 of 11
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

HUGE  CONGRATS  on your 5th Chase card approval and your LEGENDARY Chase TCL - $143,000!!!

Thanks @Marz2002 !  

It is a crazy big limit for one lender, eh?  But actually, you missed one! Smiley Surprised  That is without my Chase Freedom Unlimited which is another $24.5K, bringing my Chase total up to $168.4K  TCL ... just with Chase!  I’m sure there must be some other people with similar, but for someone who doesn’t have huge investments stashed with them, I think that’s pretty good!  I’m grateful, not bragging ... but showing others that it can be done if that is what you want!  

Business Cards

Message 9 of 11
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Very nice approval..  Appears you have alot of your portfolio in Chase.  Ever thought about other lenders although do see a few others in your signature. Assume you were under the 5/24 rule.   Banks took a beating today with the market sell-off, be interesting to see if they will start to tighten up if it continues.

Thanks @CreditCuriosity!  

Yes, started this run at 0/24 and have just focused on Chase alone mainly because of that rule.  

Thanks for the suggestion about new lenders. Yes, I plan to do more diversifying in the near future but there was a strategy here.  I am honestly planning to make UR points a main portion of my rewards strategy, so that was reason on focus on Chase - along with the killer SUBs they have offered me.  And I was taking full advantage of my 0/24 status.  I may combine the hotel cards into my others to further boost the credit lines because I don’t know if I could get enough long-term benefit to keep them open.  They would basically be a “wash” for me in value but I wanted to get high lines with Chase anyway to really pad my utilization.

Actually, though, I have credit lines with eight total banks or Credit unions including Chase, so I’m pretty diversified.  Four of my cards have been open 19 or more years and they anchor my credit report age, regardless of the levels of cash back benefits I get from them.  No plans to give them up; they serve a strong purpose for me. I’ve had dry periods where I didn’t apply for new cards and also I have either closed or had closed about twice as many cards as I have active now, not to mention a bunch of store cards that have been closed over the years.  They include cards with AMEX, Chase, Citi, FNBO, BBVA Compass, and several others.  A few years ago, I started closing cards trying to increase my AAoA and to simplify my wallet.  Some of those I got more for the balance transfer offers when my finances were not in the great shape they are in now.  I was carrying some huge debts and my focus was different.  I started eying a few “newer” cards that have come along in the past few years and then ... I got on My Fico and .... wow, became even more aware of card options.  This run with Chase was HIGHLY unusual for me and I don’t plan to make a habit of it.  I do have a short list of plans.  I am not a SUB chaser, per se. I want to establish and maintain quality lending relationships with lenders that I trust.  Consequently, I am skeptical when I have read about some banks or credit unions on these forums and then independently read horror stories about poor customer service, issues with account access, issues with fraud on the accounts, etc.   I’m pretty satisfied with Chase, Bank of America, Capital One, Discover, and even CITI when it comes to the above issues.  My plans include more cards with Bank of America, Discover, PenFed, Navy Federal, and PenFed. I may even find something from AMEX I want to add, but so far it just hasn’t fit to really add significant benefit to what I already carry.

Business Cards

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.