Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Approved - Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select

Hi all,

Have been trying to get back in with Citi after canceling my Citi Secured card at the beginning of my rebuild. They wouldn't unsecure it and it had a $200 limit, so I closed it.

Cut to a year and a half later, I put in an app for the Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select WEMC, after a text verification, instant approval for $2,900. Not a great SL, hopefully it grows quickly with time.  (Edit, for DP's:   BofA Cash Rewards is $40k, Merrill+ is $35k, and NFCU Go Rewards is $29.3k)

Quick question: are all SL's on this card automatically WEMC?

Thanks!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved - Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select

Yes all those cards are WEMC.  Enjoy the miles

Message 2 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Great card especially if you’re a frequent AA flyer.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

Hi all,

Have been trying to get back in with Citi after canceling my Citi Secured card at the beginning of my rebuild. They wouldn't unsecure it and it had a $200 limit, so I closed it.

Cut to a year and a half later, I put in an app for the Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select WEMC, after a text verification, instant approval for $2,900. Not a great SL, hopefully it grows quickly with time.  (Edit, for DP's:   BofA Cash Rewards is $40k, Merrill+ is $35k, and NFCU Go Rewards is $29.3k)

Quick question: are all SL's on this card automatically WEMC?

Thanks!

WEMC typically need to have an SL $5,000 or greater.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 6 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AAdvantage, always appreciated that being in my wallet.  Use it very often!

Message 7 of 10
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 8 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 10
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.