cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Dicks sporting Goods on mobile phone! Last app of my spree!

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Approved Dicks sporting Goods on mobile phone! Last app of my spree!

You usually need to go to a Dicks Sporting Goods store to apply for their card but I found this mobile link you have to access from your mobile device where you can apply at from an old thread here on myfico. I applied and got approved $1200.

www.tinyurl.com/dickscc is the link to apply on your mobile device, won't work on a desktop computer

I had a JCPenney card long ago I stupidly closed (that I regret) and a few months after I was originally apped for it and was approved for$300, they upped my limit to $900 and automatically upgraded me to the mastercard with a $3000 limit then auto CLI me a few months down the road to $4000. I hope that can happen with my Dicks Sporting Goods card like it did with my old JCP Card! Really want the Mastercard.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Dicks sporting Goods on mobile phone! Last app of my spree!

What CRA did they pull? I love that store and field and stream. I have some TU pulls i can use 

Message 2 of 10
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

They pulled Transunion. Immediately got an automated email from Creditkarma.com and Creditsesame.com saying a new hard pull was done on Transunion. AFAIK Synchrony pretty much exclusively pulls TU.

And yeah the link to apply on your smartphone is tinyurl.com/dickscc I read on a different forum the store had an ad when you walk in text "apply" to some number and they will text you that link to app on your phone. Thats where the link came from to apply. Like just about every other synchrony card, you will automatically be considered for the Mastercard first, but if you don't get that then they will automatically try for the regular store card.

For whatever reason this is like the only credit card I seen in recent years that you can't just apply online normally haha

Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Message 3 of 10
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I got approved for $300 rewards of sport credit card after reading your post.

Always was told I had too many synchrony accounts before when I applied.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!! What was your transunion score at approval?
Message 5 of 10
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I can say this PC01user, the JCPenney card (also a Synchrony card) was my first card, got approved for $300 and used it like twice, and it randomly a few months later got an auto CLI to 900, then shortly after that I was auto upgraded to the Mastercard with a $3000 limit, I never requested it or anything or got a notice on my online account, just randomly got the Mastercard in the mail one day with a $3000 limit, then down the road they auto CLI to $4000 and then I stupidly decided to close the card (I still regret that to this day but live & learn, like I said it was my first card and new to the world of credit) Synchrony seems to be good about giving CLI.

And according to creditkarma.com my TU score is listed as 706 (obviously creditkarma's scores aren't real, actual scores) and I currently got 9% utilization across all my cards.

Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

MyFico 08 Transunion is 680 so I'm getting there. I appreciate the info. Academy uses

US Bank and it can be difficult to get a card with them so Dicks is quite fine.

Message 8 of 10
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Honestly my TU is probably around 670-680, Creditkarma is usually way overestimated or way underestimated, for me anyways. The Cabelas card I got approved for earlier whoever they pulled mine was 670 something.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.