cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Discover IT 18 Months Post BK Discharged

deghumacao

Approved Discover IT 18 Months Post BK Discharged

Hello guys. My info is as follows. Filed BK 4/15 due to mostly foreclosure. I include all my debt in BK. It was discharged 11/15. At the time of filing my credit scores were in the 480's or so. On 12/15 I got approved for both Cap One QS1 and Cap One Platinum with SL of $1500 each. On 3/16 I got Cap One Auton Loan for about 25k with 3.7 interest rate. I managed to get personal loan with Best Egg for 7k with 8.41 interest on 3/17. I've kept up with all my payments and managed to keep my utilization to about less than 30%. I only had 2 inquiries since my auto loan of 3/16, Best Egg and just recently got back with Navy Fed. Cap One has since increased my CL on QS1 to 6.5k and my Platinum to 4k. Three days ago I applied for the Discover IT NHL card (I love the NYRangers). Got instant decision, APPROVED with 11.5k limit! Extremly thrilled! So now I have 3 CC with a total of 22k of credit and about 12% utilization (I will shortly make that less than 10%). I do have the personal loan but I did that on purpose to help maximize my credit scores. Hoping to buy a house again sometime next year God willing. Although I did not exactly follow the BK to 700 advice, I did follow a variation of it. It was very helpful. IMO Cap One was extremely helpful and also the fact that I'm a high earner. My current Experian score is 714. Don't have true scores from other bureaus but Cap One Credit Wise has me at 687. Looking to perhaps apply for CC from NFCU and/or a good store credit card that issues good SL. Tx guys for all your help!...DEG.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved Discover IT 18 Months Post BK Discharged

Hey there congrats on all the success since your BL discharge, I would totally recommend any cc with Navy fed , they are very generous most times and it will grow . As far as store cards that can grow big any of the Synchrony backed cards can grow pretty good . Wal Mart , Sams , Lowes just to name a few
Message 2 of 4
deghumacao

Tx Duke.

Message 3 of 4
deghumacao

Tx.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.