cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Highlighted
Established Member

Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Hi everyone,

Today, I was approved for the Discover It Cashback card. Smiley LOL This is my first card as I begin to improve my income and credit profile over the next 5 years. My goal is to pay off over $52,000 in debt, buy a house, and have high 750+ scores.

About today's approval:

$1250 starting limit

Pre-approved on Discover's site. This is my first time actually being preapproved. I think I had too many inquiries previously.

Income under $38,000

Over 40% utilization (I know! This is a work in progress. Two debts will be paid off this month)

One late in October 2017 

FAKO creditkarma scores: 632 TU & 605 with 1 inquiry Equifax with 3 inquiries

Mostly store cards

Going to garden until the fall. I'm looking to get another prime card by year's end.

In the garden until July 2022!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Congratulations!
July 2020
Experian Fico 8. 707
Transunion Fico 8. 705
Equifax Fico 8. 724

Capital one QS1. $2450
Discover IT Cashback. $12,000
PNC cash rewards signature Visa. $17,500
Chase SW rapid rewards signature visa $6900
Amex Green Card NPSL POT $11,000

Amex Hilton Honors $1000
Citi Rewards $3900
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Congrats! That’s an awesome card and the best part is that you’ll never “outgrow” it. You’ll have that one forevah lol 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Best Buy Visa: 3k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card with Disco and good luck with your rebuild!

Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 794 | TU: 801 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 8/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

"My goal is to pay off over $52,000 in debt, buy a house"

Those are some great goals & And Congrats on that new card!!!

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 6 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks for the love, everyone! It feels good to have a new big girl card. Smiley Embarassed

In the garden until July 2022!

Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS , from one Rebuilder to another, on your Approval and Welcome to the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $204K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats in moving from the siding and back into the main stream. From time to time you may see your credit achievements plateau ... have the faith as it is all about the journey and it will respond positively. Took me a long time, I learned afterwords from people providing information to sites such as this, a person may be able to improve on the time it takes to move up!

Starting Score: 300
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.