cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Member

Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Hi everyone,

Today, I was approved for the Discover It Cashback card. Smiley LOL This is my first card as I begin to improve my income and credit profile over the next 5 years. My goal is to pay off over $52,000 in debt, buy a house, and have high 750+ scores.

About today's approval:

$1250 starting limit

Pre-approved on Discover's site. This is my first time actually being preapproved. I think I had too many inquiries previously.

Income under $38,000

Over 40% utilization (I know! This is a work in progress. Two debts will be paid off this month)

One late in October 2017 

FAKO creditkarma scores: 632 TU & 605 with 1 inquiry Equifax with 3 inquiries

Mostly store cards

Going to garden until the fall. I'm looking to get another prime card by year's end.

2019 Goals

• Pay off ALL debt $50,187.55

• Upgrade Target and Ulta cards

• At least $12,000 in savings

• Get a salaried job paying 2x or more current salary

• Buy my first home

• Buy a car

• 13 REPLIES 13
    Established Contributor

Re: Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Congratulations!
    January 2020
    Experian Fico 8. 676
    Transunion Fico 8. 690
    Equifax Fico 8. 699

Capital one QS. $600
    Credit one. $300. (Soon to close )
    Capital one QS1. $2250
    Discover IT Cashback. $11,500
    PNC cash rewards signature Visa. $12,500
    Chase SW rapid rewards signature visa $6900

All cards opened between Oct 2018. - Nov 2019

Income varies. $60,000 - 80,000
    Message 2 of 14
    Community Leader
    Valued Contributor

Re: Approved! Discover IT Cashback - Low income, rebuilding, mostly store cards, high utilization

Congrats! That’s an awesome card and the best part is that you’ll never “outgrow” it. You’ll have that one forevah lol 

Discover It: 19.7k
    Amex BCE: 18k
    Citi DC: 5.7k
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Once you go Berner, you never go back.
    Message 3 of 14
    Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card with Disco and good luck with your rebuild!

Message 4 of 14
    Senior Contributor

Congrats!

EQ: 795 | EX: 785 | TU: 783 | Accounts: 2/6 6/12 10/24
    Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
    Message 5 of 14
    Super Contributor

"My goal is to pay off over $52,000 in debt, buy a house"

Those are some great goals & And Congrats on that new card!!!

Message 6 of 14
    Established Member

Thanks for the love, everyone! It feels good to have a new big girl card. Smiley Embarassed

2019 Goals

• Pay off ALL debt $50,187.55

• Upgrade Target and Ulta cards

• At least $12,000 in savings

• Get a salaried job paying 2x or more current salary

• Buy my first home

• Buy a car

• Message 7 of 14
    Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS , from one Rebuilder to another, on your Approval and Welcome to the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
    Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
    BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25K
    Macy's AMEX $1K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7,500

TCL - $165K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
    Message 8 of 14
    Moderator Emeritus

Congrats in moving from the siding and back into the main stream. From time to time you may see your credit achievements plateau ... have the faith as it is all about the journey and it will respond positively. Took me a long time, I learned afterwords from people providing information to sites such as this, a person may be able to improve on the time it takes to move up!

Starting Score: 300
    Current Score: 850
    Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
    Message 9 of 14
    Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
    EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 10 of 14
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.