Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Kohl's......

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Approved Kohl's......

And yes I shop there alot!! So the rewards will be awesome. CLI is  nothing to write home about but i am rebuilding so I am still pretty stoked!! CL is $300.00.

One have info on data points for quick CLI's?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved Kohl's......

Congrats! Especially since you frequent the store. I opened my Kohl's on a whim in September and quickly felt the 'why did I app for that?' regret. I think I've purchased something from Kohls, including as a card holder, about 5 times in 5 years. 

From what I've read there are no 'quick CLIs' with Kohl's. First one you can request is at 6 months. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new card!. Most important is that you are happy and will use it for what it can provideSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Sunnybrook

Congrats on the approval. CLIs on Kohls are slow and not easy to come by. You might see them after six months. I went from 300 / 750 / 1500. The first came after a year. My last CLI request was at the end of Feb, they denied using a score from Jan. 

Message 4 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I would say a slight majority of us found ourselves on the 300-700-1500-2500-3000 path with Kohl's.  I want to say that I received a letter in the mail telling me I was eligible after 6 months for the $700 and after a year for the $1500, then I think I requested every 91 days until I hit the $3,000 ceiling for this card, then just get the "You already have the maximum credit limit available for this card." letter since.  Use it, pay it in full, and try that Request Credit Line Increase button every 30-90 days - it's a soft pull so no harm done.  Earlier, I had no idea it was a SP so I never asked until they offered.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly if they want the CLI request to be a HP it can; in the verbiage under the enter your income it states we may pull your credit report to help us make our decision do you accept...

Although the majority of us have not ever received a HP when requesting a CLI

Message 6 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! As mentioned CLI is usually every 6 months. It's almost always a SP as depdep8 said.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Ask every 6 months-usually you will get a soft increase but it can in rare cases be hard and you can get declined. Its CapOne after all. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
LadyCupcakes
Established Member

Congrats on the approval.  I got mine April 2016 with same SL and I love it.  I've done quarerly shopping sprees ranging from $100 to $300 and then paying over time (always at least twice the min payment).  After my 6th statement posted, I got a lovely auto CLI to $2000.  I've never gone over $600 utilization so the limit makes for nice overall padding.  Also due to spending I got bumped to the MVP card at the first of this year which gives added benefits.  

BK Ch7 Filed 3/24/2023 ; Est Discharge Date: 6/23/2023
FICO Scores as of 4/19/2023: EX-559, TU-459, EQ-487

FICO Scores as of 6/17/2023: EX-573, TU-551, EQ-615
Car loan with a 5.9% APR reaffirmed
Burned Cap1, Citi, Amex, Synch, Commenity, BOA, Mercury, Discover, Upstart.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jelly I want your auto increase LadyCupcakes Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.