Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!! NFCU Go Rewards $25k w/ a 663 TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!! NFCU Go Rewards $25k w/ a 663 TU

Very excited to post this! Highest credit card I’ve ever had!
Details:
While on this journey of rebuilding my credit I got the opportunity to make $6k in 30-45 days by lending $5k to my brother. He flips cars that are clean title but have been in a collision. He doesn’t hid that they have been in accident btw. Runs them back through the auction after the repairs for a hefty profit. I didn’t have any money available so I thought to apply to a NFCU cc since they have been so good to me in the past with auto loans.
My credit, at the time of application, and currently, wasn’t the best. 663 TU (2 inquiries) 671 EQ (0) and 692 EX (0). I gambled and applied to the Flagship cc after reading approval stories with lower scores then mine. They pulled TU. Application wasn’t instantly approved but was under review for up to 24hrs. I found an application status site to check. Denied. It was a slight bummer because I knew deep down that I rushed into it with a “Fair” score. I immediately applied for the NFCU Go Rewards cc after seeing that I was denied. I got that same under review message. Dammit! But no immediate inquiry like the first application earlier that day. Called my sister, she loves credit building, told her how it turned out. She told me to call in now and ask for a manual review of my current application. I did exactly as she instructed and to my surprise... boom baby 💥 $25,000 approval @11.24% (lowest available on that card) with a 663 TU score.

*I have to add that my stated income on the application was 120k. Also, I have mortgage for 400k that I’ve had for 3 years 100% on time history. Lastly, no auto loan, 3% cc utilization, 3 late payments on CapOne cc(current for last 3 months), closed by credit grantor BofA CC account, and 2 other closed (paid as agreed) loans NFCU with at least 3-5 30-60 latest on each account within the last 3 years.

Good luck to others that can benefit from this experience. ✌🏾
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Re: Approved!! NFCU Go Rewards $25k w/ a 663 TU

Wow congrats !!!

That first huge limit always feels goooood😌
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Now I feel like contributing as much as I can to the community. I guess I feel accepted 😆

I need your gardening skills!
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the massive SL with NFCU and the killer APR!! 

Message 4 of 20
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Oh trust me I have no gardening skills lmao
Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. Your score is meaningless to Navy . You were approved more from your other factors like high income. Enjoy getting the very best rates on those scores thoughSmiley Happy.
Message 6 of 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Great limit!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Just look at your lineup now. NFCU blows the whole pack out of the water. They are in a league of their own if you ask me.

Big Hearty Congrats! on the return to solid profile credentials going forward.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight to the income over score So much to learn. It makes sense that banks would look at the debt to income to lower risk for cc’s. Just thought that was only for mortgages.
Message 9 of 20
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Monster Congrats @CreditandCashflow! Navy is definitely a keeper and never seems to let us down. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.