Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved NFCU Platinum cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved NFCU Platinum cli

@SUPERSQUID  Happy to hear about your new credit line Sailor. Congratulations on your success today. I'm very intrigued to learn: what is this "internal Navy score" you mentioned?

Message 11 of 19
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SUPERSQUID  Happy to hear about your new credit line Sailor. Congratulations on your success today. I'm very intrigued to learn: what is this "internal Navy score" you mentioned?

Thank you,

NFCU assigns an internal score to each applicant/member based on factors which so far are a mystery. The factors are a stew of different things including score and nobody has been able to figure out what other factors are included but it has been discussed that NFCU puts a high premium on low DTI.

By your monicker i assume you are somehow attached to the military, vet, active, family, or significant other, i highly recommend joining. when i first joined NFCU in may/2021 i put 15 bucks each in a savings and checking and let it sit 6 months and then applied for my first card.

Note their prequalify is very inaccurate, in fact when i applied for each of my cards and was approved their prequal only offered me the secured nrewards card.

Also the only way to see your internal score would be on a denial or approval of credit letter from them.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SUPERSQUID  Yes, I'm retired Air Force. I assumed you are Navy because of your moniker. Sorry if I assumed wrong. If I was wrong, please allow me to explain. Navy personnel are often referred to by their nickname of Squid. That's why I called you Sailor in my post. In the Air Force, we're called Airmen. Again, sorry if I assumed incorrectly. Also, thanks for clarification regarding Navy Federal's internal Navy score. And yes, I often consider joining Navy Federal. I hear they're amazing. I have been with USAA for many years. They're awesome too.

Message 13 of 19
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your service. Yes i am retired NAVY. I am getting old and terms change but years ago squid was a common term thrown around describing navy men, one of the nice ones anyway, lol

Each branch had their own nicknames. a common description we had for navy was  N.A.V.Y. Never Again Volunteer Yourself.

I joined NFCU and PENFED because they are the most talked about on here. The cool thing about penfed is if you are a vet they give you 2 pct cb on the cash rewards card.

I would try USAA but right now im chock full of cards, in fact i plan to start closing some in august.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 14 of 19
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I got this navy platinum as my 2nd card back in april with a 1k sl.

I asked for an 8k cli but was raised to 3k.

My internal navy score is 297

my ficos are 670's - 680's

36k income

retired

more than 20 inqs

16 pct overall utility total on all my cards

DTI is 9 pct

My cash rewards is 7 months old, sl was 3700, now its 9700.

Well done and congrattttts 🎉🎉🎉🎉

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SUPERSQUID  Haha, I knew it. A Squid and a Flyboy. Too funny. Great talking with you brother. Yeah, one of these days I'll be joining Navy Federal. I'm currently with USAA, but I don't have a credit card with them. I only really use two cards. I use my Amex Green every day for every thing. Except when I'm on base I use Military Star for everything. All my other cards are just used from time to time, like my Macys card to buy clothes. It's good to have some extra cards for back up, and for profile padding. USAA is where everything else is except credit cards: Checking and savings, insurance, auto and home loan, vacation booking: hotels, flights, rental cars, cruises, etc.

Message 16 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 17 of 19
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 18 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.