Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved PenFed Power Cash Rewards $5,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved PenFed Power Cash Rewards $5,000

This week I received a letter from Pen Fed stating I was preapproved  for the PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card. The letter came with a user access code and a solid APR. Over the past 2.5 years I acquires a Secure Capital One Master Card ($600 limit) Capital One Quick Silver ($10,000 limit) Capital One Venture (started at $10,000 raised to $13,000 limit) Capital One Savor ($10,000 limit)Discover IT ($10,000 limit)  Ollo Master Card (limit started at $1,200 raised to $2,400). I currently have 3 inquires on my report! That being said I came to the forum and I came across a number of threads stating Pen Fed uses Fico 9. After thinking things over I decided to apply and to make this my last card before going into the garden for 1 to 2 year.  I completed the application and to my surprise I was approved for $5000.  My credit util is $11,000 and the Risk Based pricing Adjustment stated my Equifax score is 722, and one of the key factors that effect my score includes  too many accounts with balances, and length of time accounts have been established, but with everything said and done my credit profile is good! In regars to my equifax credit score the number Pen Fed is the same as the equifax scored listed in my Credit Karma report.

penfed.png

18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved PenFed Power Cash Rewards $5,000

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 19
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Grtz on your new PCR!  It's good to diversify lenders and the 2% will get you a little bit more on non-category.  Penfed's EQ matching CK is just a coincidence.  Penfed doesn't use VS.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much! For clarification I read Pen Fed use Fico 9! After doubling chekcing things my credit karma equifax score is 724, and the score Pen Fed provided me is 721!  It's not exactly a match for match but it's roughly within the same range.

Message 4 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much! Now it's time for me to garden and grow my limits over the next 1 to 2 before I explore my options!

Message 9 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I see that the PenFed train continues to roll. Congrats on the approval!!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.