cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Approved] So I applied for the Chase Freedom...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Approved] So I applied for the Chase Freedom...

As the title states, i applied for the card two weeks ago online and wasnt approved or denied automatically.  This was the email i received just after applying "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. Thank you for choosing Chase."
   Unfortunately nothing in terms of a time frame was mentioned. Until, i called the automated application stastus hotline and it gave me the 30 day message.....everyday now for two weeks and it hasn't changed. I tried viewing the application status on chase's website and it says "No Application Activity". The reason why im concerned is because I already applied for it back in feburary 2018 and was given the same 30 day message . The only difference was i called the bank and they told me it was denied for lack of credit history and a high balance. At the time I was still under my brothers AU account with Amex and he was carrying a 6k balance (closed that account). I just got my first credit card with amex (blue cash everyday 5k CL) in november 2017. So the credit history was still extremely thin. I then opened my second credit card account with capitol one (platinum 1k CL) in August 2018 to help strengthen my credit foundation. I am currently at 726 Exp, 726TU and 720EQ with 1yr and 1 month credit history on oldest account. No late payments, no baddies..etc, just 3 hard pulls on each bureau. 

What do you guys think is going on? I've never heard anyone in anyone forums or youtube videos say they had to wait more than a week and a half for a change in time (2 week or 7-10 day) or a result. Should I just wait it out or should I just call recon? Anyone have a similar experience?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So I applied for the Chase Freedom...

As far as I know the 30 day message means that your application hasn't been touched yet but I could be wrong as, like you said, you applied over 2 weeks ago. When I applied for the CSP, I had the CFU (for like 2 years) and I got the 30 days message that changed to "approved" 3 days after I applied.

Message 2 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP, if it were me, I would just call them.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I have a family member who is in a similar situation. He apped and didn't receive an instant decision.

Have you called and spoke to an analyst about the status of your application? They may transfer you to the proper department to further process your application. I wouldn't call recon just yet, unless it's a denial. Let the process play out, but get in touch with an analyst to check the status. It may just be verification/fraud.

Keep us updated, please.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, will do. I’ll try calling the customer service number and see if it can be resolved there. Otherwise I’m expecting it to be a denial at this point.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call the robotlady tomorrow and let us know the outcome! Good luck!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*
So I called the automated robolady and it gave me the 30 day message again today. Then I decided it was time to call recon to see what’s going on. I spoke to a kind guy that said my application was still in process and that I should wait for a response in the mail within 1-2 weeks. He then said I could also call this number (1-800-290-1316) to get in contact with a rep to help expedite the process after 24-48 hours if I so choose.
Anybody experience something similar to this?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*2

I called the robolady today and it said approved. 🥳
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wheeeww contrats on the approval! Robolady’s voice sounds better when they say “Approved!”
Message 9 of 14
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
*UPDATE*2

I called the robolady today and it said approved. 🥳

Congrats on the approval, Yay for the Robolady. Smiley LOL

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.