Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved! Thrilled!! PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved! Thrilled!! PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard

Thanks! Now I can relax, lol.

I did try to ask a CSR, but "Kevin" was clueless. Nor could he tell me why my middle initial is showing on-screen as lower-cased. Oh well, I'll trust these are all harmless little quirks. Welcome to Synchrony?

Message 11 of 22
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Now I can relax, lol.

I did try to ask a CSR, but "Kevin" was clueless. Nor could he tell me why my middle initial is showing on-screen as lower-cased. Oh well, I'll trust these are all harmless little quirks. Welcome to Synchrony?

My middle initial is lower-cased on all my Synchrony accounts as well.  Nice to learn it's not just me.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. I just got the card two months ago myself. For the same reasons.  My business is mostly online selling. And most done through PayPal. Loved last months cash back. Made my selling fees seem less harsh. 

My middle initial is lower case too. 

Congrats again 

Message 13 of 22
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

Excellent. It's a great feeling, isn't it? I like how TU caps the increase in points at 719. That's their whole m.o. Over there. 720 at TU puts you into a lower risk bracket...and they tend to hold off on that for a while to monitor your payment behavior. However..cool!

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I’m new to all this...so bear with me.

Re: Paypal Mastercard, I had a similar experience: approved at a decent interest rate (considering it’s Synchrony) with a terrible CL. I thought it was temporary at first but the email seems to confirm a low permanent CL (see below). Anyone had this experience with a TU score of 710? Thoughts on what to do?? Thanks for your thoughts. Smiley Happy

Your Credit Details:

Temporary Credit Limit: $300.
Credit Limit: $300.
Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases: 21.49%.
No Annual Fee.
Message 15 of 22
vV35Hszm
Contributor

Thanks for this... I thought the only 2% cashback cards were Citibank and Fidelity!

Message 16 of 22
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone! I’m new to all this...so bear with me.

Re: Paypal Mastercard, I had a similar experience: approved at a decent interest rate (considering it’s Synchrony) with a terrible CL. I thought it was temporary at first but the email seems to confirm a low permanent CL (see below). Anyone had this experience with a TU score of 710? Thoughts on what to do?? Thanks for your thoughts. Smiley Happy

Your Credit Details:

Temporary Credit Limit: $300.
Credit Limit: $300.
Variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases: 21.49%.
No Annual Fee.

When the card was the FOTM, some members received low SCLs ($300-$600). However, within a 3-6 month time frame, most were able to obtain substantial CLIs taken their limits to the 5-10k range. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 17 of 22
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@vV35Hszm wrote:

Thanks for this... I thought the only 2% cashback cards were Citibank and Fidelity!

There are a few others out there: Penfed (2%, NO-AF), Alliant (3% / 2.5%, $59/yr), and SDFCU (2%, NO-AF, conservative). With BofA and Platinum Honors, I think you get near 2% cashback on their general spend category. I'm probably forgetting a few other options... 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anewleafagain

Super Congrats on your new PayPal 2% Cashback card!

Just to be clear: I know you stated you apped after your TU

score rose, but most myFICO forum members have reported

PayPal pulling their Equifax file. Was your EQ file frozen when

you pulled the trigger? Congrats once again!

Message 19 of 22
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I thought Synchrony, which is the bank that issues the card, is an exclusive TU puller? Maybe others can confirm or deny this. I do not have any Synchrony cards but this one is on my radar.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.