Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Walmart cc

tag
darrin073
Contributor

Approved Walmart cc

Just approved today for 400 sl . 11 month post BK 7 inlcuded them in it. should I ask for increase
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Walmart cc

Congratulations on your approval, I'd personally wait and let it age 4 to 6 months before trying for a cli especially being so close to post bk. Others may have differing opinions but that's just my. 02.Dv

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, wait four months and the door will open. I was approved with just a $200 SL in June. Reading about Credit Solutions calls here, I tried for an increase right away and was denied. Tried the button twice in the next couple of months after each statement cut, and still nope. The day the 4th statement cut, I hit the button and it went to $650. A few days later I called C.S. and ask for $3K and it was immediately approved. 

Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I wait not ask for a CLI and just use often, PIF and see what happens in the 6 month to year timeframe.  Unless you really need a CLI, IMHO it's just not worth the INQ.  Save those INQs for other CCs down the road.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, good advice given. Id wait , use and you might see some auto at first. Might try in 6 months to see what they say, it wont be a hp but just be cautious coming out of bk.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've has mine for 3.5 months and went from 200 to 5k this week. Wait about 3-4 months with good history on the card. Even if its little. Then give it a go. For now they won't give u an increase. Account too new. 

Message 6 of 7
darrin073
Contributor

K thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.