Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved X1 card

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

Approved X1 card

Was on reddit and found a code floating about for the X1 card (thanks, Justin!) Approved for a $27,000 SL.

Excited about this card; even at 0.7 CPP the points are quite valuable. Kind of viewing this like the CashApp card right now, great to have for specific purchases, but not sure that it's good enough to be my daily driver with the Chase trifecta.

I do have some questions, though. 1) Do boosts ADD a flat point amount to a purchase or override the current point gain? 2) What is the allure of adding the "400 points to your next $1000 purchase"? $4 in points is 0.4% back...

Anyway happy to mess around with the card.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved X1 card

Congratulations on your X1 approval!!

Message 2 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on that new X1 approval!!

Message 3 of 16
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new X1 approval!

Message 4 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your X1 approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congratulations @Azza 

Message 6 of 16
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the X1 approval.

The boosts are in addition to what you currently earn in points.  For example your first 30 days you are earning 4X points so the Boost for using Apple Pay or Google pay moves you up to 5X points.  After your first 30 days you will be earning 3X and those boost will earn you 4X.  So you get an extra point from whatever your current earning is.  My experience has been that I got to use each Boost 3 times so I waited until I had large charges that applied to a specific boost before I used it.  The card has been great for me so far and really has replaced most of my other card usage except AMEX Plat for airfare and AMEX Gold for groceries and restaurants.

Enjoy the new card and let us know how it goes.

Message 7 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your X1 Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 8 of 16
Azza
Regular Contributor

@bilwilvegas wrote:

Congratulations on the X1 approval.

The boosts are in addition to what you currently earn in points.  For example your first 30 days you are earning 4X points so the Boost for using Apple Pay or Google pay moves you up to 5X points.  After your first 30 days you will be earning 3X and those boost will earn you 4X.  So you get an extra point from whatever your current earning is.  My experience has been that I got to use each Boost 3 times so I waited until I had large charges that applied to a specific boost before I used it.  The card has been great for me so far and really has replaced most of my other card usage except AMEX Plat for airfare and AMEX Gold for groceries and restaurants.

Enjoy the new card and let us know how it goes.

Okay so after the 4X honeymoon period ends and I'm knocked down to 2X for using this card on the side only, that means the boosts only go up to 3X?

So this card is realistically only a 2.1% cash back card (3X), at best 2.8% if you maintain the $15k spend? Referrals don't last forever (a month), and I mean sure if you shop at one of their partners and are in 4X for a limited time you can realize another 0.7% for an impressive yield—3.5%—but you have to need to shop there first, which I'll be honest, I don't need to shop at many of their botiques. My wife does use Etsy a bunch, I suppose...

I think in a vacuum this card is stupendous. It might have its uses over the current flat "market rate" 1.5-2% cashback cards, but when you combine the likely hassle against say, the AOD Siggy Visa, you really have to work for the benefits.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 9 of 16
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Grats on your approval. I got an invite code for this the other day. Is this one of the cards that will show your credit limit before you fully apply?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.