cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2 Amex Cards off One Hard Pull!

tag
Jujub3ans
Established Member

Approved for 2 Amex Cards off One Hard Pull!

So I have had a slow climb back to establishing my credit again. I’m almost 27 and a few years back I racked up a bunch of debt ($28k) dropping me to a 500 FICO 8. Charged off cards included (Chase Sapphire, Discover, WF, & Mastercard Blackcard)

I’ve since paid off all of that debt and fixed those relationships but Chase still won’t approve me due to the failed relationship.

My FICO 8 score officially hit a 694 last week so I went to check out Amex pre-approvals and I had 3! (Gold, Blue and Everyday Cash).

I applied and was approved immediately for the Gold card (btw it’s a charge card meaning it won’t be extremely beneficial to your credit utilization as it doesn’t report an open unused line of credit), however they gave me $6k In spending power! Due to the fact that I didn’t get a large open line of credit like I was seeking and thinking I’d only get one pull, I went back and applied for the Everyday Cash Credit Card and was approved! Only for $1000, but it’s a start! Also, it was only one credit pull for both cards.

I only wanted to share because I know there’s a lot of confusion in the forums on whether or not it’s one or 2 credit pulls if you apply in the same time span as well as required credit scores to be approved with Amex.

Hope this helps someone!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Cards off One Hard Pull!

Congrats on your approvals 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

today FORWARD!!! Cat Happy

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done and welcome to the board Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your double entry to the family - treat Amex well and you’ll love it Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's not a lot of confusion. 

Once you're approved for your 1st card = HP then your subsequent apps are SP unless you're borderline for approval criteria then there's that 1 in a million chance you'll get a HP again. 

The key once you're in is reading the verbiage on the APPLY screen.  If it says "pre-approved" then it's a SP and if it says "expand your membership" it's likely a HP.  

*and we return you back to regular programming already in progress*

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Approved for 2 Amex Cards off One Hard Pull!"

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 8 of 12
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the double approval!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the 2X approvals!!! Welcome to the AmEx fam! It's a nice place to be!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.