Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for $24,100 Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for $24,100 Credit Cards

I applied for a Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signiture card /chase $8,100 - Wells Fargo $5,500 - Compass Bank $5,000 and Barclay Card $5,500

MyFico was 721 when I applied. All had hard pulls from Experian and Equifax. This was done in a 48 hour period of time.

I also purchased a new car as this was pre-planned for months. Sold older car which will be dropping off as I just recived the pay off letter. So I'm sure this will drop my credit score? Now wondering what will happen with the new car how that will adjust the score up or down?

I just don't want to see my credit score drop like the Titantic. It is now at 705 Experian on myFico. 

If I owe 33% on my credit total will these new cards adjust the new percentage ratio to help counter balance things?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for $24,100 Credit Cards

That’s quite a spree you went on!

The new cards, once reporting, will add to your overall limits and thus drop your utilization percentage accordingly. I believe that is what you were asking?

I wouldn’t apply for anything for awhile, that’s a lot of new credit in a very short period of time and can spook lenders (Barclays gets spooked easily from what I’ve seen here) but congrats on the new cards!

Message 2 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats, on the approvals and the new car. Yes, the additional credit will lower you aggregate utilization. Time to go to the garden.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Indeed, great job. But to add to Barclays, Chase too can be very spooky around their cards. I wouldnt apply for anything else at least 6 months.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signiture card /chase $8,100 - Wells Fargo $5,500 - Compass Bank $5,000 and Barclay Card $5,500

MyFico was 721 when I applied. All had hard pulls from Experian and Equifax. This was done in a 48 hour period of time.

I also purchased a new car as this was pre-planned for months. Sold older car which will be dropping off as I just recived the pay off letter. So I'm sure this will drop my credit score? Now wondering what will happen with the new car how that will adjust the score up or down?

I just don't want to see my credit score drop like the Titantic. It is now at 705 Experian on myFico. 

If I owe 33% on my credit total will these new cards adjust the new percentage ratio to help counter balance things?

Nobody can really answer that without knowing your total CL. 

Message 5 of 15
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!  Nice!!  

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Garden I Go....  I probably shouldn't even had applied for all 4. I won't apply for anything for about 1-2 years as I need nothing. Thanks to everyone who commented it was appreciated.

Message 7 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice spree of approvals there! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your spree approvals , very nice SLs also !!!!!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.