Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2nd Chase (amazon) card! with extra CL

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

Approved for 2nd Chase (amazon) card! with extra CL

I've been looking over the past several weeks for a card that would help me get extra cash back to use at amazon. My currently Discover card has a $26k limit but I wanted to accumulate more points at a faster rate. Now with the new 5% back, this was an easy choice.

Amazon said I as approved for $5,000 at 14.74 percent but like others here, was given a higher limit when logged into my chase account. $6,000!! I was hoping for a higher limit considering chase approved me for $13,000 a year ago on my Marriott card. I guess the $4k balance transfer to Marriott card and purchasing a home 4 months ago scared them a bit Smiley Happy. I know my scores didn't scare them. I'm almost at 800 across the board.

My only issue now is, should I cancel Marriott and combine the limits? Or just keep them? Decisions decisions Smiley Happy

Also, what are the tricks to get chase to auto CLI in the future?

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.34.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 11.20.25 PM.png

13 REPLIES 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for 2nd Chase (amazon) card! with extra CL

$24k CL is not enough for you to use at Amazon? Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

congrats!

6k isnt a bad CL with Amazon to be honest.  Alot of others that get travel cards with Chase in excess of 20k+ are getting 5kish approval.  Amazon isn't just a high CL card persay that Chase dishes out.  Yes  you will see some approaching 10k without moving limits around but more-so 3-6k approvals even with strong profiles and income.  Guess Chase figures one doesnt spend near as much on Amazon as a hotels/airlines that we all get big limits with.

If you can use the one night free stay at the marriott each year keep it as the AF easily pays for that alone as if you are over 5x24 you won't be able to get get that card again if you want it if you close it out until you are under 5x24.  

Message 3 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

You can have two Chase Amazons???
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I have not been interested in any Amazon card... My TV was over 3k by itself, purchased from Amazon so back then i was forced to use a debit card.
Message 5 of 14
DU556
Regular Contributor

Sorry I should have been more clear. This is my second chase card but this one is by Amazon. The other being for Marriott.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
You can have two Chase Amazons???

OP doesn't have two Amazon cards.

Message 7 of 14
DU556
Regular Contributor

@creditcuriosity I'm sure you are correct. I don't see my self spending that much on Amazon but getting those high limits is always good.
Do you know any tricks to get auto increases by chase?
Message 8 of 14
DU556
Regular Contributor

@wanderbuilder if you don't pay in full every month, I can see where a $6k limit can be a problem. A$3k tv will put you at 50% utilization which can harm your score. Why don't you just get it for 5% cash back and pay in full?
Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@DU556 wrote:
@CreditCuriosity I'm sure you are correct. I don't see my self spending that much on Amazon but getting those high limits is always good.
Do you know any tricks to get auto increases by chase?

Chase is a freak of nature with SP CLI's some people will never receive them and others receive them on basically all their cards with chase.  I suppose show you need the credit is the best bet to get a SP CLI overtime meaning go up close to the limit month after month, but quite honestly that isn't practical for most people

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.