Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX AGAIN!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX AGAIN!

Hi guys,

Earlier this week I was approved for the AMEX PRG after my EX score shot up to 677. Right after I was approved I apped for the EDP card to max the MR system and park my points. I got the we will let you know 14 day message and immedialty called the backdoor number. Said my app was right back to back and will go into pending for 5 days. No biggie. Then later that day I apped for the Gold Delta AMEX as I Travel about 4-5 times a year and fly Delta. Again got the 14 day message and called. After I went through verfication and blah blah I herd a congrats youve been approved for $1K SL. Asked her about a bigger limit and she said this is a temp limit and when I get the card to call and request a larger limit. I was estatic to say the least. I was approved for not only 1 AMEX but TWO in the same day! So the next few days after I was approved I kept calling and asking about the EDP. First rep said the app was intialy turned down and will send for recon. I know AMEX is not know for Reconing but figured what the heck and let it go. 2 days later called and they said the app was denied again. I was bummed and asked was there anything else they could do. They said no and thanked me for apping and try again in 30 days. Fine I said to myself I will try again in couple of months. Then about 30 mins ago at Starbucks I saw the lady infron of my use her AMEX EDP. And that got me thinking. What the hell im waiting in Starbucks anyway might as well call AMEX again and see whats going on with my app. Because on the Check status it says 'in progress'. So again went through verfication and blah blah then boom. He asks could ou confrim your address to send your card. I say WHAT! Hes like yes your app has been approved and there rush delvering it! I was in shock. I kept having to ask him to see if it was true. He kept saying yes lol. Then he asks what would you like your limit to be. I figured what the heck and ask for 5K. 10 secs later HE CONFRIMS WITH A 5K SL! 

I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK! Not only did I get my PRG and Gold Delta but the EDP too!

I know long post but im just full with happiness! lol 

Thanks to all of you guys for the help and tips!

PS I havent recived an email or anything yet? Is that normal

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX AGAIN!

Congratulations!!!!

Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 5 of 17
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gratz.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! Congrats!! You got the Gold treatment! No one ever asked me what my limit should be. They just told me. It had a starting limit of $2000, and that is what it is now, because they refused to raise it because of account being so new. Also, no one offered to expedite my card either. I got it within 7 days, WTH? But, I did.receive email alerts when my card was approved. Are you sure you called Amex? Lol
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give us the number you calledSmiley Tongue I need to call them up Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.