Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX BCP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX BCP!

This my first post on here after lots of lurking. These forums have been invaluable to me while I researched which credit card would best serve me so I wanted to tell you all about it! Thank you for all your helpful advice. So excited to be a part of the AMEX family!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX BCP!

Congratulations on your approval, and welcome to the forums!! What starting limit did you get and what are your scores? Share your datapoints! BCP is a great card - enjoy!

Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Message 3 of 13
Mischa
Contributor

Congrats! I'll be apping for this card in a few weeks. Would love to hear your DPs and SL if you don't mind sharing..

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this will be helpful!

I applied online and was given a 'We've received your application but cannot give you a decision at this time' message so as per the advice of these forums, I called them just to make sure that it wasn't something stupid holding up my application. This proved to be a great idea as sometimes my address reports with "Unit" and sometimes with "Apt" so I confirmed over the phone. They're so nice! He then told me my application was approved.

It's only a $2000 limit but I'm fine with that because my income is pretty low. I was thrilled when I pre-qualified for this card and am even more glad to get my foot in the door with AMEX and cycle through the limit if need be. 

Experian Score- 790 (they pulled Experian)

Income- $32k

Other Cards:

Capital One Quicksilver (opened June 2007)- $1400 don't you just love Capital One and their bucketing Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Quicksilver (opened December 2014) $2600

Discover It Cash Back (opened February 2021) $2500

Message 5 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully this will be helpful!

I applied online and was given a 'We've received your application but cannot give you a decision at this time' message so as per the advice of these forums, I called them just to make sure that it wasn't something stupid holding up my application. This proved to be a great idea as sometimes my address reports with "Unit" and sometimes with "Apt" so I confirmed over the phone. They're so nice! He then told me my application was approved.

It's only a $2000 limit but I'm fine with that because my income is pretty low. I was thrilled when I pre-qualified for this card and am even more glad to get my foot in the door with AMEX and cycle through the limit if need be. 

Experian Score- 790 (they pulled Experian)

Income- $32k

Other Cards:

Capital One Quicksilver (opened June 2007)- $1400 don't you just love Capital One and their bucketing Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Quicksilver (opened December 2014) $2600

Discover It Cash Back (opened February 2021) $2500

This is some great news for you, congratulations on your new BCP!

Thanks for providing some DPs.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 6 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BCP approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 13
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your BCP approval, it is such a great card to have! Thanks for sharing all of the helpful DPs. Hope

your new card serves you well! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 13
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings jusgreen027 ~ Welcome to the forum -and- congrats to your AmEx BCP approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Blue Cash Preferred approval

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.