Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Cash Magnet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for AMEX Cash Magnet

So i have a Business Gold, and Business Blue Plus. When i applied for the Gold, shortly after that i applied for the Business Blue Plus and it was only 1 hard inquiry in my EX report. Is it the same for personal cards? Is it limited to 1 credit card and 1 charge account with 1 pull or can it be 2 credit cards?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Approved for AMEX Cash Magnet

Welcome to the forums.  Whether Amex pulls for new accounts can be wildly variable.  For most of us that have existing personal accounts, Amex stopped pulling altogether for new personal accounts.  My last HP from Amex was in 2002, but I opened two new cards with them last year.  Amex does have some rules about how many revolving accounts can be applied for within certain timeframes, though.  The title was a bit confusing; were you approved for Cash Magnet and are now looking to open an additional revolving personal account, or are you pre-approved for the card?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply

Message 3 of 10
polaris2011
Contributor

I app'd for 2 cards (1 revolver and 1 charge) within a day of each other and got 2 HPs, BUT I hadn't previously had an account with them, either business or personal, since 1999.

Cheers!

FICO 08 Scores (Starting; BK Discharged 4/15): EQ 647, TU 655, EX 638
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-18): EQ 757, TU 736, EX 746
Score Goal: 741
Current Cards: Cap1 QS: $1500 | USAA Preferred: $16000 | PayPal MasterCard: $7500 | Discover Miles: $12000 | AMEX ED: $12000 | AMEX Cash Magnet: $1000 | Citi Diamond Preferred: $3700
Cancelled Cards: OpenSky: $200
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up, everywhere I have read it states that AMEX seems to limit the number of revolving accounts that are applied for. But they don’t have a limit on charge cards.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Amex card approvals!!!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys, it was only for $1,000 but it sure is a start! Is there any department to call in to have it manually reviewed Since this is my smallest trade line ever received?
Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Recons on Amex starting lines are nearly unheard of.  As long as you will not have received a CLI on any of your cards within the past 181 days by that point, once your card reaches 61 days, you can ask for a CLI to $3k, wait 181 days and ask for $9k, another 181 days and ask for $27k, etc.  Sometimes they start out lines quite low, but as long as there is nothing in your profile that is scaring them away, they can grow QUICK.  My wife took her ED card from $2k to $32k in 14 months.

Unless the rules have changed, you cannot be approved for more than 1 revolving credit card from Amex in any 5 day period, and no more than 2 cards (charge and/or revolving) in a 90 day period.  It's possible you may be at or near your max with Amex for the moment.  How long have you had the two business cards?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-in-Boston thanl you very much for clearing that up! I have had my 2 business cards since May 30th.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.