Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Delta Platinum and SPG

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Approved for AMEX Delta Platinum and SPG

When on my Amex account, clicked on a few cards and when I attempted to apply 2 cards stated I was pre approved for Delta Platinum and Starwoods SPG. Applied and was approved Delta $1400 SL / SPG $1000. But denied for Amex Green charge card

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Delta Platinum and SPG

Congratulations on expanding your influence in the happy AMEX family!

Don't sweat the Green Card denial, you simply ran afoul of the AMEX 90 Day Rule: No more than 2 credit card approvals in a 90 day period. You got 2 credit cards and should have been approved for the charge card as well, but sometimes they will not approve more than 2 applications in a single visit - regardless of the fact that the 3rd card was a charge card and not a credit card.

Wait a couple months, after these cards post to your CR. Then app for a charge card. I wouldn't go for the Green Card becuase of a lack of real benefits. I would suggest you app for the Gold PRG Charge card as the underwriting is the same as for the Green Card and nets you MR points and other benefits.

Remember to remove your shoes as you enter the AMEX clubhouse - we are a civilized bunch around here! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks, yes will just wait a few months. Hey I remember when I couldn’t get any card from Amex so I’m thankful

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Love AMEX and SPG is my current favorite!
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If Sleepless says your good with Amex, you are goodSmiley Happy Lol, if you look in her siggy and dont find Amex you arent looking hard enoughSmiley Wink. Congrats OpSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U LA T I O N S. Have fun with your new cards. Charge wisely.
Message 6 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@drboxing wrote:
When on my Amex account, clicked on a few cards and when I attempted to apply 2 cards stated I was pre approved for Delta Platinum and Starwoods SPG. Applied and was approved Delta $1400 SL / SPG $1000. But denied for Amex Green charge card

Congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.