Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Everyday card with BK

tag
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Approved for AMEX Everyday card with BK

Man, I have literally been sitting here crying for 10 minutes. I am just truly shocked and so thankful right now. I was looking at my credit karma account and it had the AMEX Cash card as a 'suggested' card to apply for. I giggled and thought to myself, '"this is a joke" and went to their prequal site just out of curiosity and entered in my info. To my surprise, it pre-qualified me for three cards and I just sat there looking at them like, "yeah right." At that point, I was really curious so I officially applied for their AMEX Everyday card and to my absolute shock and disbelief, I was approved!! The SL is only $2000 but I don't care! I am just so happy to have my foot in the door. This month marks 5 years since I filed BK and my FICO score are hovering in the 660-680 range and here I am an official AMEX card holder. I say official because I just opened one through NFCU last month but I dont think that counts as an AMEX card. But anywho, I truly could not be happier!

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
32 REPLIES 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved for AMEX Everyday card with BK

Seems Amex now allows one in 5 yrs post BK filing, I see it all the time in my perusing the forums. Grats on getting the card. You are right on the NFCU Amex card its not an official Amex card nor would it get you in the door with Centurion Bank.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Did u include them ?
Message 3 of 33
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS on the Approval and Welcome to the AMEX family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 33
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you so much!!! I’m happy to be official now. Lol.

Message 5 of 33
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you!!! No, I didn’t include them. Thank goodness. Lol

Message 6 of 33
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Thank you so very much!! It feels good to be here!!

Message 7 of 33
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I didn't want to include them, but they threatened to sue me for over $11,000, and I don't make much money.

I guess me and AMEX won't be partnering any time soon (or ever!?!).

I had the Hilton HHonors card (no annual fee) and the Delta Reserve Card ($150 annual fee)

Funny the HHonors card had a limit of $11,000 but the Delta Reserve was just $1,000.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ammmmm elated for u!!! I FELT that post!!! EVERY word of it!!! My fico scores are literally 10 points beneath yours and I cannot wait to get my foot in the door with Amex also!! I’ve never filed BK but my scores used to be in the toilet and I fixed em.... I’m super proud of u and keep on pushin!!!!🙌🏼
Message 9 of 33
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Oh nooo!! I can’t blame you there at all. I’m sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.