Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AMEX Everyday card with BK

Congrats!   I filed for Chpt 13 back in Nov 2013.  Last year in 2018 Credit Karma said I have "good approval odds" getting approved for the Amex Blue card.  Always wanted an Amex card since I was a kid.  lol   I applied & got shot down!!!   Applied several months later in 2018 and the same thing....No dice.  Amex didn't want me and I didn't have them to include into a BK...never had Amex.  Started reading forums on here & saw that everyone was saying Amex post BK 5yrs & 1 month.   At first I didn't believe it but after you read 20+ people saying that its true.......well maybe it is true.  Pulled the trigger again early May 2019 and low and behold I got approved for the Everyday Blue Preferred card with a CLI of only $1000.  Not much but hey I finally got the card I've always wanted.  Credit Karma says my scores are in the mid 600's around 650-665.   Amex does pull from EX not Equifax or TU as I am in Atlanta.  So there is love with Amex 5 yrs after BK13!!!!

Message 32 of 33
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Everyday card with BK

Oh wow!! That’s awesome!!! I’m sure you did a complete happy dance!! I hope it grows!! Congratulations!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.