cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Green and Blue (while holding a ZYNC with a PSL)

tag
Alcibiades
Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Green (while holding a ZYNC with a PSL)

Congratulations guys

Many Zync owners have been great customers for Amex, spending a lot of money on their cards and always paying on time while with little cost due to the Membership Rewards Express points. It's about time AMEX started to allow these customers to get better cards.

Message 11 of 21
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Green (while holding a ZYNC with a PSL)

Congrats

Message 12 of 21
dondilio
Valued Member

Re: Approved for AMEX Green and Blue (while holding a ZYNC with a PSL)

So after the Green Approval I received an email about my Orchard card annual fee renewal notice. $59 for a measly $300 credit line. Since I was approved for the Amex Green last week I was feeling lucky and applied for the Amex Blue. Didn't get an instant decision a couple of hours later Surprise! I was approved! Time to say good bye to my last truly subprime card with a high annual fee.

In case anyone is wondering, I haven't closed my Zync with $500/autopay yet. Will do next month. Smiley Happy
Starting scores (FICO): 1/4/2011 TU: 536 EQ: 532 EX: ???
Current scores (FICO): 9/10/2014 TU: 715 EQ : 720 EX: 732
AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Hilton Surpass: $5800; AMEX Blue: $7500;
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 13 of 21
rushx2112
New Contributor

@dondilio wrote:
So after the Green Approval I received an email about my Orchard card annual fee renewal notice. $59 for a measly $300 credit line. Since I was approved for the Amex Green last week I was feeling lucky and applied for the Amex Blue. Didn't get an instant decision a couple of hours later Surprise! I was approved! Time to say good bye to my last truly subprime card with a high annual fee.

In case anyone is wondering, I haven't closed my Zync with $500/autopay yet. Will do next month. Smiley Happy

Email the EO on that orchard card and get the annual fee waived and a CLI... I did with mine, I might buy a box of tea with it from time to time but might as well keep it open if it's free!

Message 14 of 21
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting this info. It helps me a lot actually Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 15 of 21
dondilio
Valued Member

@rushx2112. I will give that a try. I emailed the Cap One EO in December about my experience withe the 3 cards I have from them (No Hassle Cash Rewads, Cap One Secured and the Orchard Card) The gentleman that called me back was super friendly asked me a couple of questions about desired credit lines etc. That time he was able to get me a CLI on my No Hassle rewards from $750 to 3k, lowered the interest 2% and waived the annual fee for life. He couldn't do anything with my $200 secured (which I will cancel in July when the AF comes up) and said he had refered my case to HSBC EO because he didn't have access to those accounts (BTW never heard from HSBC).

That was 3 months ago so maybe be I'll give it another try and see if they can do something about my Orchard card this time. If they can't I'll definitely cancel, I've already paid those $59 twice and it was certainly worth it, however I don't see the need to pay for another year if I only use the card every 3 months and put a tank of gas to keep it active.
DIscover IT: $8500; Fidelity Visa Signature: $5000; CITI AAdvantage WEMC: $2200; Capital One Venture One: $4000; Santander JetBlue MC: $5000; Wells Fargo Visa (secured that eventually graduated): $1600; Nordstrom Visa Signature: $5000 Store cards: Sam's Club: $3900; Home Depot: $4000 Fired: First Premier; Cap One (secured and Orchard); Barclays, AMEX Zync with PSL.
Message 16 of 21
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Youll be fine dondilio! I just got my Orchard up to $10,000 today!!! Waiting for the gentlemans call to make sure the annual fee gets removed permanently as well! So excited, this card was unsecured in january for $1500 Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 21
rushx2112
New Contributor

@dondilio wrote:
@rushx2112. I will give that a try. I emailed the Cap One EO in December about my experience withe the 3 cards I have from them (No Hassle Cash Rewads, Cap One Secured and the Orchard Card) The gentleman that called me back was super friendly asked me a couple of questions about desired credit lines etc. That time he was able to get me a CLI on my No Hassle rewards from $750 to 3k, lowered the interest 2% and waived the annual fee for life. He couldn't do anything with my $200 secured (which I will cancel in July when the AF comes up) and said he had refered my case to HSBC EO because he didn't have access to those accounts (BTW never heard from HSBC).

That was 3 months ago so maybe be I'll give it another try and see if they can do something about my Orchard card this time. If they can't I'll definitely cancel, I've already paid those $59 twice and it was certainly worth it, however I don't see the need to pay for another year if I only use the card every 3 months and put a tank of gas to keep it active.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago on my Orchard and they were able to help me... god knows I wasn't paying 60 bucks for a $500 limit anymore!

Message 18 of 21
dondilio
Valued Member

Congrats daybreakgoneXe! 10k on an Orchard card? I thinks that's unheard of in these forums! With that CL maybe they'll covert that to a Venture card when they transition later this year! Hope they do. I've heard it's a really good product!
Message 19 of 21
rushx2112
New Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
Youll be fine dondilio! I just got my Orchard up to $10,000 today!!! Waiting for the gentlemans call to make sure the annual fee gets removed permanently as well! So excited, this card was unsecured in january for $1500 Smiley Happy

That's quite the jump!  I'm happy with my 3k for now but hopefully I'll get there towards the end of the year!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.