Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AOD Signature Visa, Nearly Instant - $20k

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Approved for AOD Signature Visa, Nearly Instant - $20k

All this after a very crappy AM:  (that story in a separate thread)

I have waited 13 months to apply for this card.  I awaited the last CO to drop on my EQ and, in the meantime, show AOD some love by parking significant funds in their two Kasasa accounts.  Today was the day.  I called and spoke with a nice gent and chatted about the requirements, if they looked at banking history with them etc,.  He said that does play a role in every lending decision and that can overcome any slight blemishes in score and reports.  So I affirmed all that and asked him to pull my EQ straight away.  He did, came back with a 758 which he called A+.  He then said that he would send it to underwriters and call me back.  I shot the moon and asked for $25k.

I received a call about 9 minutes later saying that underwriting said $20k...  I  cordially accepted of course and thanked him for his excellent customer service.  I do not know the % but could care less as I was just hoping for an approval.  I was nervous and was expecting a grilling!

DP's:

EQ05 - 758

DTI - 1% or so

Inq's + 2/24 and 1/12

Accounts:  5/12 - 8/24

Personal Income - $101,400

No POI.  (again, AOD accounts hold some serious cash)

9 minutes...  I was expecting days of anguish!

Edit:  7.49%

Edit #2: I forgot to mention, I have three 5YO 30 day lates stemming from a BCU business CC that we somehow forgot to close and never became a charge off.  They never even mentioned the lates.  The card remains open and has reported a zero balance for years, since I realized it was still open and late.  It is my oldest trade line (14 years) and has reported to personal on EQ only since the lates in late 2015, early 2016.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AOD Signature Visa, Nearly Instant - $20k

Congratulations on your approval!! Great SL!

Message 2 of 33
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval!

Message 3 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@spiritcraft1, Congratulations and welcome to the AODFCU familySmiley Happy

Message 4 of 33
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Wow, very very nice approval, @spiritcraft1Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the AOD FCU gang! 

It's a great card and you got an outstanding SL and APR! 

Most approvals I've seen lately have had far lower SLs than the

ones many of us were approved for early-on in the "Tidal Wave." 

Happy_Dancing.gif

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 33
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

All this after a very crappy AM:  (that story in a seperate thread)

I have waited 13 months to apply for this card.  I awaited the last CO to drop on my EQ and, in the meantime, show AOD some love by parking significant funds in their two Kasasa accounts.  Today was the day.  I called and spoke with a nice gent and chatted about the requirements, if they looked at banking history with them etc,.  He said that does play a role in every lending decision and that can overcome any slight blemishes in score and reports.  So I affirmed all that and asked him to pull my EQ straight away.  He did, came back with a 758 which he called A+.  He then said that he would send it to underwriters and call me back.  I shot the moon and asked for $25k.

I received a call about 9 minutes later saying that underwriting said $20k...  I  cordially accepted of course and thanked him for his excellent customer service.  I do not know the % but could care less as I was just hoping for an approval.  I was nervous and was expecting a grilling!

DP's:

EQ05 - 758

DTI - 1% or so

Inq's + 2/24 and 1/12

Can you ballpark the "serious cash" amount? 10k average daily balance or we talking more $$$ bills lol.

Message 6 of 33
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

Wow, very very nice approval, @spiritcraft1Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the AOD FCU gang! 

It's a great card and you got an outstanding SL and APR! 

Most approvals I've seen lately have had far lower SLs than the

ones many of us were approved for early-on in the "Tidal Wave." 

Happy_Dancing.gif

Thank you.  I was ready to plead for $5k.  I guess relationship in their case matters.  I was really expecting less in following the DP's for the last 18 months and the decline in average SL's.  I am certainly pleased with the SL and will start earning 3% on "other" the day that card arrives.  This approval was painless and took the sting out of my BofA fiasco earlier today!  (thread in personal finance if interested). 

Pertaining to the 2 card Aim_High theory:  I also have a bit of history with Affinity now, and with an 800+ EX08 they may be getting a call.  Smiley Happy  I guess that would make sense since the BofA path looks like it may be doomed as of today anyway.  It would also insulate me on the Amazon front from any SyncB weirdness.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 33
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

All this after a very crappy AM:  (that story in a seperate thread)

DP's:

EQ05 - 758

DTI - 1% or so

Inq's + 2/24 and 1/12

Can you ballpark the "serious cash" amount? 10k average daily balance or we talking more $$$ bills lol.

$21k in K Checking, $141k in the savings.  I don't know if the dollar amount mattered as much as being a member for 13 months with some cash in the bank.  I am planning to lessen that amount being held there but figured I would wait for this day to pass.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 8 of 33
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your AOD approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your 20K AOD approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.