cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Alliant 3% Cash Back Signature Visa 25K. (4 Years 5 Months Post-Discharge Chapter 7)

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Approved for Alliant 3% Cash Back Signature Visa 25K. (4 Years 5 Months Post-Discharge Chapter 7)

This is my best approval yet.   I applied for the Alliant Signature Visa.   It pays unlimited 3% cash back for the first year and then 2.5% cash back from year two on.   First year annual fee of $59 is waived.   I forget the APR -- it was 10-something.

I was hesitant to apply because I had read either here or on the other forum that this was a card intended for very heavy spenders -- kind of a pink unicorn card.   It does say on the Allliant site that it's for those spending over 4K a month on their cards.   There was no question on the app about how much I would spend although I do usually spend around 4K - 5K a month including my reimbursable business expenses.

I had forgotten I had my TU on ice.   When I applied online I got to a screen that said they needed my TU PIN code.  I entered it and their system said it didn't take and it needed it again.   This happened three times.   I got alerted to three HPs on TU.   The loan officer just called me to ask me to unlock my report and I told him what had happened.   He checked and he did have access to my report, he put me on hold for 10 minutes and came with "I can approve you for the full $25,000."   I nearly peed myself.   He said he will contact TU and change the three inquiries to just one HP.  It's a known glitch in Alliant's system.

They disclosed a 739 TU score on my approval, so they are using FICO 09 Classic.

Income 95K

I did get their share secured loan a few months back before it went away.   I opened it for 15K and immediately paid it down to $100.   The next payment is due in four years.

I have tried to limit my apps to applying every six months and then for only one to two cards I really want.   I don't have many inquiries or new accounts.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Alliant 3% Cash Back Visa for 25K. (4 Years 5 Months Post-Discharge Chapter 7)

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Alliant 3% Cash Back Visa for 25K. (4 Years 5 Months Post-Discharge Chapter 7)

Whoa...congrats! Why is this the first I’m reading about this card? Is it hard to get...I would think more people would be after it.

I definitely fit the spend requirements! Is it always a TU puller? Sensitive to inquiries/new accounts?
Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Whoa...congrats! Why is this the first I’m reading about this card? Is it hard to get...I would think more people would be after it.

I definitely fit the spend requirements! Is it always a TU puller? Sensitive to inquiries/new accounts?

Congrats OP

To your questions at least for this card it appears to be a TU pull.. Although Alliant doesn't like alot of new credit so if you have alot of new credit they probably aren't the CU for you if you don't then hit them up as they are a good CU overall.

Message 4 of 10
Valued Contributor

I can't give you any more info than what I provided.   I went in blind, fully expecting to be declined.   I assumed this was a premium card that they would not issue to somebody with a BK reporting -- or they would give me a 2K starting limit.  

What I had heard about Alliant in the past was they were known for giving out really low starting limits (like $500) and then people could get them up to like 15K-20K within a year.   Since this is a signature card, and is meant for heavy spenders, I would assume that if you get the card, you get a decent limit.    They also pay a very decent 1.5% on regular savings accounts.  I had my mom's money there until she died a couple months ago.

Message 5 of 10
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I was interested in this card but read that they were denying for "unable to verify" and my credit was too thin with too many new accounts. Well, a year later and its looking pretty darn good. I may pull the trigger next month when my last account turns 1yo. I have SSL, checking/savings with them so maybe that will help.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Alliant 3% Cash Back Signature Visa 25K. (4 Years 5 Months Post-Discharge Chapter

With this new 25K, I have too much available credit so I just now closed my Care Credit 10K account and my Lowes 10K account.   The only store card I have left is Amazon, which I use every day and love the 5% cash back.   No more store cards ever!!

Message 7 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP on he approval very nice SL! Did they request POI ? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 10
Valued Contributor

No POI.

Message 9 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

No POI.

That was a nice score with them. Reason I mentioned POI last year I had applied for the same card max requested was $15k they countered with $10k contingent on POI I politely declined the offer. Maybe they’re changing their ways.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.