Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for American Express Cash Magnet™ Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for American Express Cash Magnet™ Card

I was just approved for an American Express Cash Magnet™ Card.  I was perusing the BK friendly Credit cards and tried the Amex prequalify link and they offered me 3 different cards.  I decided to go with this one due to the initial offer of up to $300 cashback along with 0% balance transfer for 15 months.  They also have this thing called Amex Pay It which I found interesting.

It has been a long road for me as I filed for Chapter 13 and was discharged last year (should be off my report early next year).  Amex used my Experian FICO score which at this current time is 707.  I know it might not be the best card they offer but this one works for me.  I was also offered the American Express Platinum card but I didn't like the $500 annual fee.  I do travel but not enough to want to pay that annual fee.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for American Express Cash Magnet™ Card

Good for you.  I got it because it's purdy.  It was actually a challenge since I have never been an AmEx customer.  It seemed to be the flavor of the month and those have always been instant approvals for me.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I have never had an Amex card before and wanted one.  The Platinum one was tempting but I also liked that this one offers 0% transfer for 15 months.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for an American Express Cash Magnet™ Card.  I was perusing the BK friendly Credit cards and tried the Amex prequalify link and they offered me 3 different cards.  I decided to go with this one due to the initial offer of up to $300 cashback along with 0% balance transfer for 15 months.  They also have this thing called Amex Pay It which I found interesting.

It has been a long road for me as I filed for Chapter 13 and was discharged last year (should be off my report early next year).  Amex used my Experian FICO score which at this current time is 707.  I know it might not be the best card they offer but this one works for me.  I was also offered the American Express Platinum card but I didn't like the $500 annual fee.  I do travel but not enough to want to pay that annual fee.

Congrats on your approval and welcome to Amex membership.  Good choice on the Magnet card since the Platinum is a charge card that requires payment in full every month although some Pay Over Time features are available that makes it like a hybrid credit card but you wouldn't have the option to transfer balances.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval and welcome to Amex membership.  Good choice on the Magnet card since the Platinum is a charge card that requires payment in full every month although some Pay Over Time features are available that makes it like a hybrid credit card but you wouldn't have the option to transfer balances.

Thanks!  I knew there was another reason why I didn't want that card.

Message 5 of 14
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval as well as rebuilding after the BK.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approval , Amex cash magnet is one of prettiest card outthere !!!!!!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First and foremost a very big Congratulations! On your Approval.

And no, you you don't know,  but it's ok..  Because you learn

the best card AMERICAN EXPRESS offers,  is the one that works for you!  And you have it! 

I don't travel..   When Costco had Amex I had one.  Free, it was my membership card..  Like everyone else.

and again everyone is different.  Some people love the $500 fee for a platinum card and they justify the cost, good for them.  Don't ever sell yourself short. (IMO) You got the best and the Most Handsome AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THEY MAKE. And welcome to the Amex family.   Smiley Wink    Btw. You are Worthy or you would not have been approved, kudos to you.

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.