cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex BCE @ $10K & Chase FU @ 6K!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex BCE @ $10K & Chase FU @ 6K!

Kinda little late posting this due to my PC was still being put together slowly but was applying for the Amex BCE and was approved for 10k and chase FU at 6k back in January on the same day/time after a long rebuilding/gardening process since 2015. Credit score up to and around that time (2015) was around 640, 652 and 660 from all three. And in December 2016, Experian hit an all time high at 834, with the other two hovering around 690s. So it worked out great as I found out after approval that they only pulled Experian but as of today March 5th 2017,  all three Bereaus are all at 772-EQ, 763-TU and 826 Experian becasue all the baddies are all falling of my report. So back in Aug, 2015 I applied for the CP1 platinum and was approved with 500 SL and used it often and PIF each month. In Feb 2016 I applied for fingerhut and was approved for $600. So this two cards was my only cards in addition to CHASE Car loan from 2013 that am still making payment on it to this day, all payments on time. So what I think help my score up fast was all my baddies about 13 or so fell off my CR in January and some in February. As of today I have a clean CR and am very happy. I wish I had found myFico and this awesome comminunities before I applied for the Amex and Chase FU. I wish I had applied for the CSR first or both at the same time. Only found this forums after signing up with myFICO. I want the CSR but not sure I can be approved for that one as income is only 55K and AAoA at 1.4yrs. Anyway been learning alot since joining! Now I come here often then I do FB! LOL 

Amex BCE - $10000 (approved Jan 2017)

Chase FU  - $6000 (approved Jan 2017)

CapitalOne QS - $2000 (approved Aug 2015) (PC from platinum to QS sept 2016)

Fingerhut - $1100 (approved Feb 2016)

***********************************************************************************************

CURRENT CR

Experian 826

Equifax 772

TransUnion 763

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex BCE @ $10K & Chase FU @ 6K!

Congratulations on a great rebuild and for getting the fruits of your labor with some good cards and limits.  WIth all of those baddies aging off and your scores in great shape I would garden again for another 6 months, exercise these cards and PIF or at least keep the utlization low and you will get even better SLs going forward.  If you can you should look at joining NFCU, with a clean report and those scores you would do really well with them.  We have learned a great deal from coming here also, wish we would have done so many years ago but thats water under the bridge.  You have a new credit life use it well and enjoy it.  AMEX will do a 3x CLI in 91 days so mark that on your calendar, its a SP also which are the only CLIs I attempt right now.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on two awesome approvals!!!

Message 3 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the great approvals and rebuild OP way to go !
Message 4 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats KoKo. This is quite impressive! You're on a roll.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow very impressive. To go from a Fingerhut to an 800 Fico in a year is crazy awesome!. Great jobSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I was surprised myself as I didn't think I was going to be approved knowing how bad my credit was before. But I've learned a lot and hope all good things from here on out. 

Also thanks everyone for all the kind response. My Amex 61 days is March 11 and I'll see what happens then as far as the 3XCLI.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on two awesome approvals, and even more for the awesome rebuild you've had
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.