cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex BCE with limited credit history!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex BCE with limited credit history!

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

Just thought I'd share some good news. In January of this year I applied for my first secured credit card from CapitalOne using my ITIN to start building some credit. Then earlier this week my friend asked if I was interested in getting an Amex card, so he sent me his referral, and I applied mostly to get him to stop pestering me about it and didn't think I would actually get approved, but to my surprise it happened.

To have my first unsecured credit card be from American Express at 19 years old is pretty exciting to say the least Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex BCE with limited credit history!

Nice! It's wonferful to see people respecting credit so early in their adult life. Do you even have a FICO yet?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I don't think it's ever too early to think about your financial future, so I figure start now. 

And nope, my FICO score shouldn't be formulated until around July. I also have no prior loans or any kind to build credit off, which is why I was so surprised that Amex approved me after reading that for an Amex card, a (good) credit history is a must!

Message 3 of 10
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the AMEX approval

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your AMEX approval armcalrs! Do you mind sharing your starting limit? Thank you in advance! 😊
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course GiJane007! They started me with a $1500 CL and the lady on the phone said I could request a CLI within a couple months of responsible use Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Of course GiJane007! They started me with a $1500 CL and the lady on the phone said I could request a CLI within a couple months of responsible use Smiley Happy

Congrats. You can ask for $4,500 after 61 days. Some people wait longer to make sure they get the increase.

Message 8 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the AMEX family!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I love my amex cards.. My 61 days is ready on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what's in store.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.