cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex ED with small SL and no 10000 points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex ED with small SL and no 10000 points!

Can I call Amex and ask why I wasn't offered 10K points with my approval? Or did I mess up by applying too early?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex ED with small SL and no 10000 points!

What is your starting limit?  $500?  Did you get an email from Ame specifying certain conditions you need to satisfy to get a credit line increase?

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I call Amex and ask why I wasn't offered 10K points with my approval? Or did I mess up by applying too early?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is your starting limit?  $500?  Did you get an email from Ame specifying certain conditions you need to satisfy to get a credit line increase?

@Anonymous wrote:

My SL is 1K and nope. where can i check if I have 10K points offer incase if its default and I missed it

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and welcome to AMex family

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you received your card yet? You have to spend $1000 within 90 days to get the 10k points.
My SL is also low which is weird and once I getting the card I will ask for CLI. I spoke with a rep about the situation and he asked me to call back once I received an actual physical card.
Message 5 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Did you get the counter offer page stating they could approve you, but with different terms? ( you would of had to accept the terms to continue). If so, then, no you won't get the bonus points.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Did you get the counter offer page stating they could approve you, but with different terms? ( you would of had to accept the terms to continue). If so, then, no you won't get the bonus points.

I still have not received the card. It is in the mail should be arriving soon. What is counter offer page? TBH I did not look thru the terms when applying.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The easiest way to confirm is to call them. They should be able to help you. Did you check the confirmation on the e-mail?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The easiest way to confirm is to call them. They should be able to help you. Did you check the confirmation on the e-mail?

I just got two emails from them so far, 1) Auto email mentioning Application ID, 2) Congratulations you card is in Mail and should get to you in 5-7 BD

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them to confirm and spend $1000 on the card within 3 months to get 10k.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.