Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Hilton Aspire

tag
ratchada
Contributor

Approved for Amex Hilton Aspire

Just got approved for the Hilton Aspire (pre-approved in my account)...unfortunately, I don't know my CL yet, as Amex' online system is being very buggy this morning. On the bright side, they're giving me a $60 statement credit for the inconvenience of not getting my card number right away. Plus, I called to say I had hoped to use the card right away, so they're expediting it to me. No hard pull (I've only ever had one HP from Amex, when I got my first card with them).

This is my fourth Amex card (I also have the Everyday, Plat, and Delta Platinum). I started with them just a little over a year ago...being with them over a year seems to be the magic number for plentiful pre-approvals (though they gave me the Plat back in March). I also noticed just this week that they're finally pre-approving me for business cards.

Been looking forward to getting the Aspire for awhile, as it sounds like an extremely useful and valuable card. I already have a reservation in Hawaii for December that I'll be using the $250 resort credit for, a plan next year to use most of the 150k bonus points, and an airline chosen for the airline credit (Delta, since I already have Alaska in use for the Plat...those are pretty much the only airlines I fly domestically). The Hilton Diamond status will come in very handy for me as well.

EX (Fico 8): 755 TU (Vantage 3): 815 EQ (Vantage 3): 791
Amex Platinum; Amex Schwab Platinum; Chase Sapphire Reserve $19,800; Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $16,300; Chase World of Hyatt $12,200; Amex Hilton Aspire $11,500; Citi Double Cash $12,300; Citi Business AA Platinum Select $10,400; Citi AA MileUp $7,700; Citi Premier $2,500; Amex Everyday $5,000; Chase World of Hyatt Business $5,500; Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000; Chase Ink Cash $5,000; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business $5,000; Chase IHG Premier $5,000; CapOne Quicksilver One $500
Oldest account: March 2018; Youngest account: July 2023
Store cards: Amazon (Synchrony) $1,000
Goals: EX 760 by middle of 2023
Wanted cards: Barclay Aviator Red; Chase Ink Preferred; Chase Ritz-Carlton
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ratchada
Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Hilton Aspire

Another data point: my Hilton status was updated in the app from Gold to Diamond literally minutes after getting approved for the card.

Amex Platinum; Amex Schwab Platinum; Chase Sapphire Reserve $19,800; Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $16,300; Chase World of Hyatt $12,200; Amex Hilton Aspire $11,500; Citi Double Cash $12,300; Citi Business AA Platinum Select $10,400; Citi AA MileUp $7,700; Citi Premier $2,500; Amex Everyday $5,000; Chase World of Hyatt Business $5,500; Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000; Chase Ink Cash $5,000; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business $5,000; Chase IHG Premier $5,000; CapOne Quicksilver One $500
Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, congrats Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
ratchada
Contributor

Another update: I tried a few more times, and eventually I did get the card number and temporary cvv. My CL is $11,500 (by far my highest on any card yet). My temporary CL (until the card comes) is $10,000 (weird, huh? why even bother?). Now we'll see if I still get that $60 statement credit, haha.

Message 4 of 12
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 12
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your apporval and nice SL!!!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Hilton Honors Aspire approval and nice SL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@ratchada wrote:

Just got approved for the Hilton Aspire (pre-approved in my account)...unfortunately, I don't know my CL yet, as Amex' online system is being very buggy this morning. On the bright side, they're giving me a $60 statement credit for the inconvenience of not getting my card number right away. Plus, I called to say I had hoped to use the card right away, so they're expediting it to me. No hard pull (I've only ever had one HP from Amex, when I got my first card with them).

This is my fourth Amex card (I also have the Everyday, Plat, and Delta Platinum). I started with them just a little over a year ago...being with them over a year seems to be the magic number for plentiful pre-approvals (though they gave me the Plat back in March). I also noticed just this week that they're finally pre-approving me for business cards.

Been looking forward to getting the Aspire for awhile, as it sounds like an extremely useful and valuable card. I already have a reservation in Hawaii for December that I'll be using the $250 resort credit for, a plan next year to use most of the 150k bonus points, and an airline chosen for the airline credit (Delta, since I already have Alaska in use for the Plat...those are pretty much the only airlines I fly domestically). The Hilton Diamond status will come in very handy for me as well.

Congrats I love this card use it the most outside of the Plat card.  Quick note those pre approvals never show up on my credit report as hard pulls. I think these are soft since Amex is using data based on the last pull they did internally. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 8 of 12
ratchada
Contributor

@kaw943 wrote:

Congrats I love this card use it the most outside of the Plat card.  Quick note those pre approvals never show up on my credit report as hard pulls. I think these are soft since Amex is using data based on the last pull they did internally. 

Thanks. Yes, I think most people only ever get one HP from Amex (their first card), and soft pulls from then on. One of the big pluses of applying for Amex cards even when you're not 100% you're going to get approved!

This one makes me 9/24...time to lay low for awhile (I'll be out from under 5/24 in Sept. 2020 if I lay off personal cards until then). Though I am looking at the Delta Business Platinum for later in the fall!

Message 9 of 12
ratchada
Contributor

Another data point: though I did end up getting the card number in advance, I wasn't able to use it (for an online purchase, nor could I add it to Google Pay)...when I called Amex about this, they informed me that the advance card number can only be used for online Hilton reservations. I had heard about this (and of the reduced advance CL, though in my case the advance CL was almost as much as my actual CL), but I thought it only applied to the no-fee Hilton Honors card, not to the Aspire.

Oh well...UPS tells me the card is arriving today anyway (2 days after I was approved), so everything's fine.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.