cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Platinum AND Citi Double Cash!

tag
RiskJunkieMCD
Established Member

Approved for Amex Platinum AND Citi Double Cash!

Just sharing some happy news. I've been rebuilding for about 3 years now (started out with a really rough 495), and it's been tough to weather the periods of stagnation in between spurts of progress. 

I feel like I'm really getting somewhere now. I FINALLY got a CLI on my Discover card 2 years after it graduated, and quality of my pre-selected/qualified/approved offers has been steadily improving, even though my FICO8 has been stuck around 670-680 for a while now (still being dragged down but a couple of old derogatories, I assume).

I haven't applied for any new credit in a while because I didn't need it and didn't want the hard inquiries, but today I finally decided to bite the bullet. I followed up on two prequalified offers and now have a new Citi and a new Amex headed my way. I know those offers don't always come to anything, so I was honestly pretty shocked to be approved for both. These along with my new $5K limit on my Discover make me feel like I'm finally getting grownup credit and the mistakes of my 20s are behind me. Time to garden! (And maybe pick out a new wallet to hold my pretty new cards).

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Platinum AND Citi Double Cash!

Congrats on your rebuild and those nice approvals. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Platinum and your Citi Double Cash approvals . . . that's awesome. Best wishes on your continued rebuild!!! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 19
RiskJunkieMCD
Established Member

@babygirl1256 Thank you! Maybe I'll have scores like yours someday!

Message 4 of 19
sectionals
New Contributor

@RiskJunkieMCD wrote:

Just sharing some happy news. I've been rebuilding for about 3 years now (started out with a really rough 495), and it's been tough to weather the periods of stagnation in between spurts of progress. 

I feel like I'm really getting somewhere now. I FINALLY got a CLI on my Discover card 2 years after it graduated, and quality of my pre-selected/qualified/approved offers has been steadily improving, even though my FICO8 has been stuck around 670-680 for a while now (still being dragged down but a couple of old derogatories, I assume).

I haven't applied for any new credit in a while because I didn't need it and didn't want the hard inquiries, but today I finally decided to bite the bullet. I followed up on two prequalified offers and now have a new Citi and a new Amex headed my way. I know those offers don't always come to anything, so I was honestly pretty shocked to be approved for both. These along with my new $5K limit on my Discover make me feel like I'm finally getting grownup credit and the mistakes of my 20s are behind me. Time to garden! (And maybe pick out a new wallet to hold my pretty new cards).

Congratulations @RiskJunkieMCD!!!!!

Rebuild (OCT 21) FICO 8: EX 578 FICO 9: EQ 516

Current FICO 8/9:
EQ 660/729
EX 670/714
TU 650/705

TCL: 34800
CCU: 3%

Message 5 of 19
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on how far you've come and your new AmEx and Citi cards!

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 6 of 19
RiskJunkieMCD
Established Member

@sectionals and @Binbinimiwi Thank you so much! 

Message 7 of 19
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Great job rebuilding!

...Lady Discover CLI, Amex and Citi approvals,
Congratulations all around!

20201004_074517.gif

Message 8 of 19
sybo40
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!  I'm slowly getting there, too!  Been a while and I now FULLY understand and appreciate money and credit management!  GOOD ON YOU!

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your two latest additions to your wallet!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.