cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Platinum Card !!!!

tag
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Platinum Card !!!!

If you can meet the MSR on both Platinum and Aspire I say go for it now.  As far as criteria, i'm not sure.  You can log into your amex account and click the link for "Credit Card Offers".  It will say if you're pre approved or not.

Forgot to add, if you reply and are denied right now, it's only a sp.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not say pre approved I applied days ago and was soft pull denied Smiley Sad here is somne of my data:

Credit Utiliz: 6%

Average of Credit: 1 year and oldest account almost 3 years

Experian Fico score 8: 737 and Fico score 9: 760

Iquiries: 5

New Accounts in last 12 months (that is my main problem): 8 accounts

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry should have read as "I did not see"*

Message 13 of 23
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Oh i get it.  Wait after 30 days and check again.  Don't forget you can get airline credits with the aspire too.  I picked up mine in December so I bought Delta gc's dec and again this week.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

the hilton aspire looks so complete and perfect it gives you like 250 airline and like 200 hotels and has the priority pass and looks so nice lol I will wait do you think 30 days is enogh for them to refresh their system and giving me a pre approved offer?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone I just wanted to share my approval for AMEX Platinum card this past Dicember 31st Smiley Happy

I logged in my account an saw that I was pre approved for it so I applied and now BOOOOOM! good way to start a new year

I cant wait to get approved for Amex Hilton Honors Aspire but I cant get pre approved for it Smiley Sad, I wish.

BTW Happy new year!

Congrats ! Now you take us all out to dinner on your new card... LOL

Make sure to use that Uber / Uber Eats credit. Use it or lose it. While it has happened, do not expect the credit to roll over if unused.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

Oh i get it.  Wait after 30 days and check again.  Don't forget you can get airline credits with the aspire too.  I picked up mine in December so I bought Delta gc's dec and again this week.

#metoo

Message 18 of 23
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

It’s a keeper card for sure. I would check every other week just i see if you’re pre approved. 30 days should be good though. Put lots of spend on the platinum card and pay before statement post
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 19 of 23
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Congratulations! In addition to the MR points and other great travel benefits, don't forget:

• To link your Platinum card to your Uber account. You get $15 per month off on Uber rides.
  • To specify an airline for the $200 annual airline fee credits.
  • To check the AMEX Offers on your card frequently. You can save $$hundreds by redeeming AMEX Offers.

On the latter point, for example, I just booked an Omni Hotel stay using my Platinum card and got $50 back because I spent more than $250 on the room. That's a whopping 20% off my hotel bill! Just one example but you do have to add AMEX Offers manually to your cards. So don't forget to check them often!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.