Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Platinum and Rose Gold

tag
newnew2015
New Contributor

Approved for Amex Platinum and Rose Gold

Been rebuilding credit with the help of you lovely folks for the past 2 years after medical bills and an illness almost took me out 🥴. I survived as so did my credit and today I saw I was preapproved for the Amex Gold so I went for it. Instant approval. I really wanted the platinum for travel. To my surprise I was preapproved for this card as well and got another instant approval. No preset limit as I guess it is with all charge cards. Pretty excited. I pay all my cards off monthly so the charge cards won't be odd to adjust to as long as I can set autopay ! I'm pretty excited. All scores are around 670 across the board which isn't great but I have a high income and had the Delta gold for 6 mos now.  Smiley Happy yay

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Platinum and Rose Gold

Congratulations on your Amex approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 21
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your double approvals! Have fun racking up some mad MRs! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 21
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@newnew2015 wrote:

Been rebuilding credit with the help of you lovely folks for the past 2 years after medical bills and an illness almost took me out 🥴. I survived as so did my credit and today I saw I was preapproved for the Amex Gold so I went for it. Instant approval. I really wanted the platinum for travel. To my surprise I was preapproved for this card as well and got another instant approval. No preset limit as I guess it is with all charge cards. Pretty excited. I pay all my cards off monthly so the charge cards won't be odd to adjust to as long as I can set autopay ! I'm pretty excited. All scores are around 670 across the board which isn't great but I have a high income and had the Delta gold for 6 mos now.  Smiley Happy yay

That is excellent.  Put that spend on them to get those SUBs!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice. Looks like someone is going to have a massive amount of MR points rollin' in after the min. spend is hit! Any plans for the rewards?

Congrats!

Message 5 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

First, I'm glad that both you and credit survived the medical issues. Congrats on both of those approvals!! Some SWEET SUB coming your way!!

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 7 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your AmEx approvals!

Message 8 of 21
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Pretty sweet deal there! Congrats scooping up the 2 of them! Cheers 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice double play, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.