Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Platinum!

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Platinum!

Congratulations on your Amex Platinum approval! Enjoy that sweet SUB!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 12 of 16
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey y'all!

The last time I posted I mentioned getting the Amex Green after having applied and failing to get the Amex Platinum. I'm glad to say that I got approved for the Platinum yesterday! I wasn't planning on pulling the trigger anytime soon, especially after having been denied a bit ago, but I was emailed the 100k + 10x offer and was pre-approved so decided to jump on it. I've been thinking of the Plat as a card I would get sometime down the line anyway, so the timing is right.

This does probably confirm my previous plans to cancel the Amex Green sometime in year two. I'm aware of Amex not really liking people cancelling their cards, even at the 13-month mark, so I probably will just suck it up and pay the annual fee one more time, but with the Platinum in my hands I can't see any reason to keep the Green longer than that - especially since the Freedom Flex, which will be my next application when I'm out of 5/24 jail, would replace the dining category I've used most so far and become my new workhorse card along with my BOA CR.

But yeah, glad to be a Plat holder after aspiring to it for so long!

Congratulations Platinum approval! 🥳🥳🥳

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  The Platinum Card is a great luxury travel card with awesome travel benefits.  Just in time since things are slowly beginning to open up. Enjoy!

Message 15 of 16
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!! on the Platypus!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.