cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Barclay Card and Discover IT Student Card! (First cards)

Highlighted
Established Member

Approved for Apple Barclay Card and Discover IT Student Card! (First cards)

I have a very low credit score (561) as I am just starting out my credit journey. The only reason I have a score at all is my student loans. Today I was approved for a $1000 CL with the Discover it Student Card and $500 with Barclay Apple Rewards. I was initally rejected for the Barclay, but ended up calling the backdoor # and getting approved. I obviously don't need too big of a CL as a student as I won't be putting much on the cards (and therefore APR isn't too much of a concern for me) but just letting people out there know that, for the Barclay card especially, they are pretty lienient on score if you press them. Discover also didn't do a HP but Barclay did. Thanks to the forum I am not jumping too blindly into the credit world!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Apple Barclay Card and Discover IT Student Card! (First cards)

Congrats on your first cards!

.:: Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | $12,300::.
.:: Wells Fargo Platinum | $3,000::.
.:: Target | $400::.
.::02.15.18::. EQ-758 | TU-764 | EX-761
Goal: 800+ EX:TU:EQ
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Well done Elle2.  You seem to have a wonderful attitude about pursuing credit.  There is no feeling like having great credit and the options that go with it.  There is also no feeling like having damaged credit and feeling like there are no options at all.  I'm happy for you that you're a smart cookieSmiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well done and congrats,  you still going for the phone or gonna let the cards build up first

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Established Member

I'm going to go for the phone, as I'm not financing it and have researched the upgrade program a little more thoroughly. Also, I've just found out I have a pretty nice tax return this year and would like to start building up that credit ASAP. Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.