Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card *accidentally* did not get HP'd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Apple Card *accidentally* did not get HP'd

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats but this is like the third time ive noticed this " trick " here and i dont believe its an accident.

I think saying these can’t be an accident is reaching... When I put a lift in on ANY credit application, once I get the approval screen, I remove the lift. I’m not leaving my credit unfrozen longer than I have to. It’s never been a problem until my Apple Card (blocked HP 7 hours after approval) and Bank of the West (unknown when they tried to pull EX because EX was open the day I applied and they never pulled). 

Congrats on your approval OP, I wouldn’t worry about getting shut down. GS pulled TU with a SP to get your offer, they pulled Chex, they pulled SageStream, and they pulled Core Logic. They got plenty of info to approve you with. 

Message 11 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, i get your point but there are plenty of people who will read in between the lines and try an immediate refreeze block in hopes of avoiding the hp. I know there are some innocent cases such as yourself but you and i know with how alot of people look for loopholes and abuse it until it is shutdown, i caution those who will try this with Apple. This post isnt an isolated case and you and i have spent enough time on myFico, that eventually that thing people think might be a duck quacking, actually turns out to be a duckSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@Anonymous, i get your point but there are plenty of people who will read in between the lines and try an immediate refreeze block in hopes of avoiding the hp. I know there are some innocent cases such as yourself but you and i know with how alot of people look for loopholes and abuse it until it is shutdown, i caution those who will try this with Apple. This post isnt an isolated case and you and i have spent enough time on myFico, that eventually that thing people think might be a duck quacking, actually turns out to be a duck;)

Silly Joe, if it were a Ducks Unlimited, it would be in the FNBO thread Smiley Happy

Congrats OP on your approval. What would get me to apply is not a SP applic as I can easy get a number of those with Amex and BBT.  What would get me to app is the killer SL you got.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 18
Hex
Valued Contributor

@Saeren
I don’t think it was an accident since you posted how you’d learned about it on Reddit. Not sure why you are still insinuating this might not be a problem when you don’t know if it is one or not.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hex wrote:
@Saeren
I don’t think it was an accident since you posted how you’d learned about it on Reddit. Not sure why you are still insinuating this might not be a problem when you don’t know if it is one or not.

I absolutely knew in advance that there was a chance I would dodge the HP and I don’t deny that but the fact remains that I didn’t do anything different in my application process. I thawed the bureau that was expected to be pulled, I applied, I removed the lift when I saw I was approved. I do this for every application so I don’t really see myself doing anything wrong here because it’s business as usual and lets face it, I would have taken the card regardless because turning down a guaranteed credit line just isn’t me. 

Goldman is aware of the issue since recent reports have them pulling much quicker. It seems very unlikely that they are going to come after us at this point. I reached out to customer service about it when I got the email from Credit Karma and they said it was fine. My account is still open and I have used the card for Apple Pay purchases. If Goldman was going to do something about it, they would have, and I don’t see the point in making other people worry about having their accounts closed because that’s just going to spur reaching out to customer service and bringing eyes to the problem.

The best way to fly under the radar is to be under the radar. If AA happens, it happens, but an HP is literally the least important part of a credit application so I’m about 99% sure that nothing will come of this except them making sure they get that HP done much quicker. 

Message 15 of 18
Hex
Valued Contributor

I’m a worrier and I worry that if it’s implied that this is a safe thing to do other people will do it and have their accounts shut down. You have a thick profile and can easily afford to lose a trade line but for some people with thin profiles it could be kind of a big bad deal.
Message 16 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Hex wrote:
I’m a worrier and I worry that if it’s implied that this is a safe thing to do other people will do it and have their accounts shut down. You have a thick profile and can easily afford to lose a trade line but for some people with thin profiles it could be kind of a big bad deal.

Nothing that you stated can possibly be blamed an Saeren.  If people with thin files do this, its because they want to game the system.  Period

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 17 of 18
Hex
Valued Contributor

A lot of people with thin files come here to learn from more experienced members. What advice they take is ultimately up to them. Not sure how many people with thin files would know anything about gaming the system unless they got the idea from someone else though. It’s no loss to me either way- I’m just trying to help people avoid making a mistake.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.