Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Average credit capi 1 cash rewards

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Average credit capi 1 cash rewards

+1 Go for GEMB Wally, if not for any other reasons other than the monthly tu08 score, and cli's to pad your util.
Message 11 of 20
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:
+1 Go for GEMB Wally, if not for any other reasons other than the monthly tu08 score, and cli's to pad your util.

Yeah the Walmart CC is easy to get and also has all kind of goodies you just cant get with other CCs

Message 12 of 20
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 13 of 20
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

The thing is, I was denied for Wal-mart, target, and discover... I am going to garden my two capital one cards. Im going to increase the deposit on the secured and use the rewards.

My situation is a bit ruff. I am patching my relationship back up with navy so I have to wait on that lol...

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 14 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

When your have had the Capone cards for a while, email or call the executive office and try to get them to remove the AF and raise the limits.  It appears the only way for some people to get a CLI is to email the exec office.  I don't have the email address but it is posted in another group.  I filed with the Better Business Bureau and they called me.  I went from $500 to $2000 and I had the card for 2 years and nothing beyond the credit step!  Good luck and garden!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 20
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Apping for a wally, and a target? Hoping they get into a CLI war over you?

GEMB is picky/tweakish. I was alway shot down, then one day the floodgates opened. What I did, I have no idea....

Discover....well, they've always thought of themselves much more distinguished than they really are. Bigger the baddies, the harder they push you away.

How's your AAOA, UTIL, and the timespan of your latest "oops" moment? That'll pretty much tell an immediate rough estimate of what you can do, as far as cards go, but the priorty is to get your ducks in a row, before pursuing big bad limits. Quite a few people make the mistake of opening a ton of low limit cards (me included), thinking it helps...it doesn't. Two or three max!!

Message 16 of 20
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you! I have two capital one cards for about 7 months now. Using to rebuild after BK. I am planning to let them grow and at 11 months of reporting, will try to get AF waived. Don't focus on your limits now, just keep the accounts in good standings and use them and PIF each month. They have been great to me Smiley Happy  

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 17 of 20
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Well, I wanted the Wal-Mart card because I know I would use it more than target. But since Wal-Mart dissed me I wanted to try target but denied for both. But it's okay; I am going to garden for the whole 2013. 

In total I recieved on my app spree;

Fingerhut - 400

Weifield Jewler - 450

Cap one Cash Rewards - 500

I already have:

Cap one secured - 200

Orchard - 300

FP - 300 (I am going to pay off and cancel due to cash rewards approval

I am also a AU on a cap one plat.

Im excited to just garden and keep all account at 0 except cash rewards im going to use all my daily small purchaes like food etc.. Pay multiple times within the month and keep a 1-5% utilization reporting to the CB's.

In a year and a half ill email the exective team about a CLI on my rewards. By then my secured will be at 3k.

Message 18 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

Finally after all that hard work! EQUIFAX - 597 per myfico... approved 500 limit 19% apr 39 annual fee... will i not see it in my accounts until I recieve the card?

I also tried to apply for another one and I was automatically rejected and it said you cannot apply for another capital one card until 45 days have passed.. But its all good! Now I am going to garden until Jan 2015..

Cap1 cash rewards - 500

Cap 1 plat auth user - 500

first primier - 300

orchard bank 300

Cap1 secured - 200

I know I have all small limits but im going to build my secured upto the max of 3k.. Keep it  and every other card at 0 balance and just use the cash rewards and PIF..

I will probably cancel FP before the 1st annual fee.. Should I keep the orchard bank? There converting it into cap 1 but what is it going to offer? LOL

It was not that long ago my score was that low!  I figure when all these new inquiries get off my report and my accounts age a bit, then I should be in the 720 category.  You really should get rid of that FP card due to the fees associated with it.  I don't know why anyone would get such a card, but at one point I did get it, when it came in the mail I closed the account after rethinking it all.  (That was years and years ago!)  According to HSBC they have frozen CLI's for all the accounts at that division.  One can only surmize why!  At some point you should really try to simply get one card that will grow in limits.  Comenity cards will do so.  Maybe, depending on where you are, you could get a Marathon Gas card.  In two years you might have a $2000 limit on that and then at least other creditors will see the limit and know you can handle a better one than what Capone might give to you in that period of time.  Or another card of theirs which converts into a Visa card at some point, like Gap or something.  I think when they convert the card you still get to keep the history! 

Whatever you decide, you should do two things.  Check out Credit Karma and continue to garden for at least a while.  Good luck!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 19 of 20
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I appreciate it ... I don't think any of the gas cards are bk friendly. . I'm chopping FP asap best believe! Hsbc wwon't do CLI because of the cap 1 transition... I wanna see what happens when my acct moves over to cap 1.. I'm going to garden for a yr and a half and see what type of position I am in.. I feel since I'm so fresh out of bk I don't need any more credit . . For now...
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.