cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

Just want to share my approval for Best Buy MC, I know this isn't a big deal to most people but it's a start of recognition for me. I applied online and got a message to call them to verify information, so I called and they verified and even called my phone number on file. They couldn't approve for the BEST BUY CARD, but got the MC with $300cl. I'm ok with that. My questions is, does anyone else have ths card, how long before cli and any secrets or trick to this card?

Funny thing is, I have an Orchard Bank and Secured Cap1 card but I can't even recon for a cli through the EO for the life of me...but this card is through Cap1 as well and approved me....? Lack of consistency but I'm happy!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Best Buy MC Reward Zone!......

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Just want to share my approval for Best Buy MC, I know this isn't a big deal to most people but it's a start of recognition for me. I applied online and got a message to call them to verify information, so I called and they verified and even called my phone number on file. They couldn't approve for the BEST BUY CARD, but got the MC with $300cl. I'm ok with that. My questions is, does anyone else have ths card, how long before cli and any secrets or trick to this card?

Funny thing is, I have an Orchard Bank and Secured Cap1 card but I can't even recon for a cli through the EO for the life of me...but this card is through Cap1 as well and approved me....? Lack of consistency but I'm happy!

CONGRATS!!!

The MC is not the best with lack of CLIs, always a starting toy limit. Use it frequently and PIF. Citi will be taking over these accounts at the end of the year so they may change up on their CLI policy!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 23
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Don't forget Citi will be taking over in Nov I believe. When you get your card member agreement, let us know whether it says Plan A or Plan B.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 23
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Credit limit increases are very rare on that card. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Citi taking over the card. When it went from HSBC to Cap One nothing changed.

Message 4 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval! Be excited that you were approved for the cc YOU want. Don't worry about it being a big deal to anyone except you.

LS is correct. Citi may make changes - hopefully for the best!
Message 5 of 23
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I'm waiting for Citi to take over. I opened BBRZMC with 400 CL. 5 year later, I managed to get the $59 AF refunded to me twice, and last year finally got it completly removed with 500CLI, so I am sitting at 900 LOL my lowest card and oldest. I just use it for itunes to keep it active.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Rewards Zone MC doesn't have Plan A and Plan B. Only store cards have it.

Ron.

Message 7 of 23
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for your support and advice.....that means alot!! You have to crawl before you walk and this is forward momentum and that's what counts. Hopefully with Citi taking over, they'll offer better programs with cli. I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you 09Lexie!

Message 8 of 23
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1000!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 23
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Rewards Zone MC doesn't have Plan A and Plan B. Only store cards have it.

Ron.

RZ MC has an A & B.

Gold vs Plat

Af vs no AF

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.