cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Blue Everyday from Amex -sorry for the long post--this is my first post--

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Blue Everyday from Amex -sorry for the long post--this is my first post--

Congrats 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all!! 

I have been fixing my husband's and my credit for the past year or so;

-We have not had a cc for over 10 years

-Husband has his own business-- based on Construction/housing market--We suffered through the housing melt :-/

-Only credit lines open--Mortgage and student loans

-One of our sons had an accident-had two surgeries--tons of medical bills(ouch!) of which made it to collections.(happened during our toughest financial times) 

I was embarrased to even look at my credit report--I knew it was not looking too great-- pretty much all last year I spent making payment arrangements with the collection agencies in regards to our outstanding medical bills.

In September of 2015-- we saved up to purchase a car for me to go to work--since we knew our credit sucked we did not even bother thinking about financing-- so went into the nearest delearship and purchased a car--but our sales person informed me that although we were purchasing it without financing they had to run our credit per rules in "the patriot act"- needless to say I was embarrassed--but oh well-- he came back and showed me the report-- he said" not bad but you have collections- you should be able to work on those" All I saw was the score that read 680--

Totally forgot about my credit until we went to our first Disney trip in January of this year---

We were offered The Chase Disney card while at Disney Springs but I did not work up the nerve to apply-- We had been having such a great experince that I did not want to get rejected-- so I applied upon our arrival-- and so did my husband-- we were both approved-- each 5k CL--OMG---so excited

Last month I applied for The Discover it and was approved for 13,500 and my husband was approved for 7,500-

Over this past weekend after reading up on THE AMEX blue cards and asking other forum contributors I decided to pull the trigger and I was -APPROVED CL 4k--YAY!-- I also contemplated to apply for another CHASE card but from reading on the forums I know CHASE is tough... but to my surprise this morning when I logged into my acct my CL was increased to 10K and my husband's was too(we did not request the CLI)--- I think we are set for now-- 

thanks to all contributors from this wonderful forum--I have learned a lot and I wish to continue to learn

Current scores on myFICO:

me: 740,738,725 (EQ,TU,EX)

husband: 729,727,701 EQ,TU,EX)

Congrats times TWO OP! This was an awesome story to read! Enjoy your freedom and new credit!Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Blue Everyday from Amex -sorry for the long post--this is my first post--

About time you posted this! Big congrats for what you have done to improve your scores. Let those cards grow and watch your scores climb too!

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was about to message you but just saw your post! I mentioned to you yesterday if you had any info on the business chase ink- well I had that tickle in my hand--ha!ha!-applied-- yesterday-- of course not instant from what I have read in regards to business cards-- but just called and I was APPROVED--omg-- for $18,500- ok so we(my husband and family ) are set for now!! Thank you and this wonderful resource for the help and advice- I really appreciate it - and like I've read in some post around the forum-- I'm gardening for a while and hopefully reap some great scores :-)
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was about to message you but just saw your post! I mentioned to you yesterday if you had any info on the business chase ink- well I had that tickle in my hand--ha!ha!-applied-- yesterday-- of course not instant from what I have read in regards to business cards-- but just called and I was APPROVED--omg-- for $18,500- ok so we(my husband and family ) are set for now!! Thank you and this wonderful resource for the help and advice- I really appreciate it - and like I've read in some post around the forum-- I'm gardening for a while and hopefully reap some great scores :-)

YES! YES! YES! I am here for this kind of success! Many congrats!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is inspiring! Congrats on everything.
Message 15 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@delaney1 wrote:

Congratulations! The car salesman lied to you. My concern when we go to pay cash for a car in a few months is a power struggle over them wanting to run my credit when they don't need to. I'm going to freeze all my files lol.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! Yeah-- i have heard that you can fight it but of course I did not know this info until after-- now that HP is on my credit file..oh well... 

I have purchased several vehicles at various dealerships post-Patriot Act and they didn't run my credit; I think the key is I was paying with a check, which was traceable back to my bank/me.  The credit check for verification seems to only be an issue for the few folks who actually pay 'cash', as in hard-currency.  That's a problem I wouldn't mind having! Smiley LOL

You can double-check with the dealership, but as long as you are paying with a check of some type no further "verification" of you (i.e. credit check) should be required.  Of course verification of the check is a different matter... I recommend certified funds for the smoothest experience.  Smiley Wink

My apologies to the OP for going off-topic... congrats on your awesome Amex approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 23
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

What a journey you've had! Thank you for sharing your success story--you've done an amazing job with your approvals! Congrats to you and your hubby and welcome to the Amex family! 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

never. i mean never trust a car dealer. if you were not loan seeking they could have done lexis nexis. 

Message 19 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

Congratulations! The car salesman lied to you. My concern when we go to pay cash for a car in a few months is a power struggle over them wanting to run my credit when they don't need to. I'm going to freeze all my files lol.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!! Yeah-- i have heard that you can fight it but of course I did not know this info until after-- now that HP is on my credit file..oh well... 

I have purchased several vehicles at various dealerships post-Patriot Act and they didn't run my credit; I think the key is I was paying with a check, which was traceable back to my bank/me.  The credit check for verification seems to only be an issue for the few folks who actually pay 'cash', as in hard-currency.  That's a problem I wouldn't mind having! Smiley LOL

You can double-check with the dealership, but as long as you are paying with a check of some type no further "verification" of you (i.e. credit check) should be required.  Of course verification of the check is a different matter... I recommend certified funds for the smoothest experience.  Smiley Wink

My apologies to the OP for going off-topic... congrats on your awesome Amex approval!  Smiley Very Happy

FYI - in case folks google the car purchase and Patriot Act. We purchased a new car with a check and they did not run our credit. We ordered the car and paid all but $200.00 upfront and the balance on delivery. I do vaguely remember the salesperson mentioning the Patriot Act and feeling out a form .........
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.