Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CSP! After being Denied Discover lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for CSP! After being Denied Discover lol

In shock.. just approved for CSP $8,000 SL 15.99% APR. My highest starting limit and best APR since I began rebuilding!

To take a step back. I had no credit before April of this year (besides student loans) due to messing things up about six years ago. My two worst baddies are two charge offs, which are both credit cards. One was paid for less than owed and one never paid. They both fall off this time next year. I also have several 180, 60 and 30 day lates on a card that are a few years old (card is closed and fully paid, never charged off). My scores are in sig. You can see where I've come from in just four months. I've had the three cards in my sig for about 5 months now, PIF..utilization below 9% total.

Really shocked I got approved for this prime card after only four months of rebuilding. Discover declined me yesterday with same profile lol. 

If I go for the Freedom today, will it only be one HP? Or will I be denied since I already app'd once?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for CSP! After being Denied Discover lol

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again - congratulations!!! I personally don't know if app'ing for 2 Chase cards back to back with result in only 1 HP; hopefully someone who knows will chime in. 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I was charged for two separate pulls on my Slate and Freedom Cards (10 minutes apart).

Message 3 of 26
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again - congratulations!!! I personally don't know if app'ing for 2 Chase cards back to back with result in only 1 HP; hopefully someone who knows will chime in. 

Good info. I'll wait for the $200 card offer to come back hopefully this holiday season before going for the Freedom. Got spend requirement to meet with the CSP. 

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when the spend requirement kicks in? Will my time frame be from the day I activate the card until three months after that?

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know when the spend requirement kicks in? Will my time frame be from the day I activate the card until three months after that?

I always set the clock from the day of approval just to be safe.

Message 7 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always set the clock from the day of approval just to be safe.

Likewise, congrats OP on the CSP approval!  Likewise as well, I have spending target to hit whenever I receive the card heh.

        
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. It feels good to be in with prime.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.