Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CSP with $26K. It's been a long road back

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Approved for CSP with $26K. It's been a long road back

Back in late 2009/early 2010, when my credit was at its worst, I had a ~$6,000 charge-off with Chase.  As I rebuilt my credit over the ensuing years (thanks to the help of this place), I put together a nice portfolio of cards.  But I tried applying for Chase cards a couple times, and was always shot down.

Well, it's been a few years since my rebuild has been complete.  My scores are all in the high 700s, my balances are all $0 (except for my monthly Amex PRG balance) and I haven't opened a new card since early 2014.  I was showing some preapprovals from Chase, so I figured I'd give it a try.  Spent some time trying to decide between the CSP and the CSR, but since the sign-up bonus is the same for both at the moment, I figured I'd start with the CSP.  Instantly approved for $26,000!  It feels great!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approved for CSP with $26K. It's been a long road back

26 thousand reasons to feel like Tony the TigerSmiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@LionLawwrote:

Back in late 2009/early 2010, when my credit was at its worst, I had a ~$6,000 charge-off with Chase.  As I rebuilt my credit over the ensuing years (thanks to the help of this place), I put together a nice portfolio of cards.  But I tried applying for Chase cards a couple times, and was always shot down.

Well, it's been a few years since my rebuild has been complete.  My scores are all in the high 700s, my balances are all $0 (except for my monthly Amex PRG balance) and I haven't opened a new card since early 2014.  I was showing some preapprovals from Chase, so I figured I'd give it a try.  Spent some time trying to decide between the CSP and the CSR, but since the sign-up bonus is the same for both at the moment, I figured I'd start with the CSP.  Instantly approved for $26,000!  It feels great!

Good show, way to go!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Chase approval and rebuild.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LionLawwrote:

Congrats! Just to clarify, you never paid the Chase charge off and they approved you?

Message 5 of 11
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations that's a really nice SL! Nice job on rebuilding!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 6 of 11
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Nice job! Great sl, so, congrats!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 7 of 11
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@LionLaw

Congrats! Just to clarify, you never paid the Chase charge off and they approved you?

The balance got sent to a debt collecter.  I settled in full with them in 2010.

Message 8 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval there!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice comeback. Sweet starting line.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.