Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One Sony Card:)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Capital One Sony Card:)

Ok... so not me but my sister.  I have been on this journey with her since she has never been the smartest one of my siblings.  Don't get me wrong, on one is allowed to make fun of her, but she isn't "that" normal finance smart.  You explain things and it is forgotten or twists in her mind or she shuts down when things get complicated.

So, she spent 10 years in the Air Force and her ex husband and her totally tanked her credit when she got out  by letting all the cards and loans in her name default because they couldn't afford them.  They moved back last year to my state and he left.  I put her on my discover as an AU.   I didn't want her to have to get a secured card. Then last spring (9 months ago or so) she got two Capital Ones in the same day.  One platiunm and one QS 1.  She has been using and paying in full a couple times a month. (I also keep the log in information so I can make sure everything is ok)  Her scores have come up about 75 points.  So her TU score was right close to 600 and she has a pet and wanted to get third TL to keep back along with her savings for emergecnies.  We know she has to wait six months to ask for a CLI from Capital One so after reading many reviews and cleaning up her history we had her apply for a barclays card.  She was denied because the capital ones are to new.  We tried a recon that didn't work.  So Though we'd give this one a try (someone from here said to take a shot since it worked for them after they'd have their capital ones and wanted a third TL) since she'd take the pulls in the same week and could go back and garden for another or so.  They pulled only one report (experian- I was surprised since I thought that they always pull TU) and approved her for $500 and placed the account in credit steps.  I am happy for her.  She has 7 collection accounts still and many student loans that are currently being rehab so I didn't think she'd get this.  I am not sure who is more happy... her or me!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Capital One Sony Card:)

congrats to her! 

Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wow, what a story! Thats awesome our helping her get back to a better overall credit picture! congrats to her!
Message 3 of 9
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I get more excited than she does sometimeSmiley Happy  Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So. Just out of curiosity only applied for the Sony Card. Instantly approved with a $7,500 CL. Yes, I was shocked as heck. EFX 696. BK discharged less than a year ago. This puts my total credit limits at about $82,000. Running 4% overall utilization.
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.