Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One Venture One but note sure HOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Capital One Venture One but note sure HOW

This is a huge deal to me. 

Bit of background, been rebuilding credit since July of last year. Started with Cap1 Secured Platinum for $200. In October I was approved for a Cap1 Quicksilver One, $500. I was content with those for a while but got a pre-aproval in the mail for Citibank Double Cashback card so decided to give it a go - $800 approval. Then Discover It came calling and I decided to give it a go and was shocked by $1800 credit line. All cards are paid in full each month, I rotate a bill on each card (and restauraunts always Discover for the current 5% cash back).

Planned to garden until today, when I got an offer for the Capital One Buy Reward card. I had zero interest but it made me go into my Credit Karama account (been a while since I use MyFico) and was told the Cap1 VentureOne card was one I now had fair chance of getting, was always poor before. I am planning to go to England in the next year or two so thought this would help. Instant approval for $3000, my largest starting credit line yet. 

I'm shocked I got a card that says you need "excellent credit" when my scores are in the mid-600's. Only one baddie, a judgement due to fall off next year, and 10 hard pull but keep utilization under 10% and zero late payments so I guess that helped??

Also, I'm thinking of combining my Quicksilver into my Venture in 6 months when it's alloed because I have a few better cash back cards now, would like the higer limit on the Venture. 

Scores as of today - Exp - 654  Trans - 636  Equi - 648

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Capital One Venture One but note sure HOW

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Good for you on the rebuild success so far!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and keep it going!

Message 4 of 13
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

my aunt is less than a year past her ch7 discharge.  she started her rebuilding process with a credit score of 661 and got a venture one card with a 10k credit line.  

capital one was critical in my rebuilding process.  i love capitalone.  i dont know why cap1 says excellent credit required but im glad they are forgiving. 

treat it good, and cap1 will be good to you.  i got my first CLI after 2 months of having the venture and its been every 6 months thereafter to my current CL of 32k.   congrats on your venture card!  i wish you continued success  in your rebuilding process :-)

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

congrats my scores are very similar too yours so I'm hoping I will be able to get the regular quicksilver very soon or would the venture be easier to get. I did apply for the quicksilver in March and was denied but was able to the QS1 in its place. at least I didn't waste a triple pull. my credit union just increased my cash rewards to 10k. I guess about 6 months with that and I should be good to go.
Message 7 of 13
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Congrats. Hoping to get a Venture card in the next few months!

Message 8 of 13
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

It is always good to hear a success story, I'm happy for you  Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.