cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One Venture below minimum limit

tag
Krazarr

Approved for Capital One Venture below minimum limit

4 months ago I was looking to get a quality credit card so I applied for the Capital One Venture card since Chase has me on their Blacklist. Everything I read suggested that since it was a Visa signature card that I would have a minimum 5k limit. WRONG! I got approved for a 3k limit. I can request a cli but it's only showing I'll be approved for a $300 increase. I feel duped

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Capital One Venture below minimum limit

@Krazarr wrote:

4 months ago I was looking to get a quality credit card so I applied for the Capital One Venture card since Chase has me on their Blacklist. Everything I read suggested that since it was a Visa signature card that I would have a minimum 5k limit. WRONG! I got approved for a 3k limit. I can request a cli but it's only showing I'll be approved for a $300 increase. I feel duped

Why do you feel duped?  Did CapOne tell you you'd been approved for a $5,000 limit?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 16
Krazarr

No they didn't. I just did about 2 weeks of research on forums and websites and everything stated that card had a minimum of 5k due to the type of card. I was looking for a high limit card 5k plus to use as my daily driver

Message 4 of 16
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Venture approval, and I am sorry it's under less favorable terms than you had hoped. I do not understand why you feel 'duped.' You applied for a credit product and the lender issued you what they felt comfortable with, based upon a decision made by their computer algorithms. Would you have felt equally as duped if they had denied you? While the minimum SL on the Venture had historically been $5,000, recent DPs in the approval section have shown that they have since lowered this sometime during the last year. VentureOne approvals which I believe used to be a minimum of 2k, now can result in as low as a $300 SL as another example. While there aren't as many recent DPs on the Venture as there used to be, if you dig through them a bit you'll find others approved for $3,000 as well. Hopefully with heavy use your card will grow to a more desirable limit.

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Venture or VentureOne?

Visa Signature or not?

Never seen a Venture under $5k SL from the start.

Use it, pay it, it can grow.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 16
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Venture or VentureOne?

Visa Signature or not?

Never seen a Venture under $5k SL from the start.

Use it, pay it, it can grow.

I could have sworn I've seen more than one thread on this, but here is at least one.

Maybe I've read others respond in comments. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 16
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One Venture card approval . . . the SL may be lower than expected but hopefully it will increase over time . . . it was an approval -and- some forum posters were denied. Enjoy and watch your CL grow!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Capital One approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Krazarr Your card has the potential for growth and like you I thought the same thing about vs sl's but I did read somewhere here, since covid, that sl's for this card were lower than the normally expected $5k. 

Enjoy the card and hit them up in 6 months and hopefully you'll receive their $3k cli special that I and others have received, even since pandemania.  You may have to put a lot of spend, name a child after AL 🥸 (algorithm), and bake cookies for AL but it should happen. 

Anyway, congrats and GL with it👍

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.