Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited with almost no credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited with almost no credit history

So I'm a college student, 18 years old, with $10000 reported income and I was just approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited with a 900 credit line! The best thing is the whole spend 500 get 150 promo they have going. I was soo surprised considering everything I'd read in the forums about chase wanting to see 1 year of history. Late july I was approved for a Discover card so thats the only history I have. I applied and got the dreaded "7-10" message (which turned out to be just for verification). I also opened a Chase checking and savings account last month that had 10k deposited into it so maybe that helped? I dunno but I'm so happy right now! Does anyone know how long chase takes to send those cards out? Discover was like 2 day shipping.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited with almost no credit history

Congrats to you!  Glad you have a source of income.  I was one of the many poor souls who showed up at college with no source of income and, during the first week, had credit card companies tossing out credit cards requiring only my signature on the dotted line.  Ah, the good ole days.  Much older and slightly wiser now.  For the past 4 months I was getting pre-approved letters from Chase for the Chase Freedom Unlimited and the Chase Slate.  Just as one offer was about to expire, I received another pre-approval letter with a new expiration date.  I passed on them but finally caved a couple weeks ago.  I was approved for both within seconds.  For Chase Freedom Unlimited, I got $1500 CL and for Chase Slate, I got $1200 CL.  I received my Chase Slate in the mail today.  It took about 7 to 8 days for both cards--i.e. I did the Chase Slate the day after I did the Chase Freedom.  Sorry, I got no 2 day shipping notice or option.  It just said I'd receive the card within 7 to 10 days.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm a college student, 18 years old, with $10000 reported income and I was just approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited with a 900 credit line! The best thing is the whole spend 500 get 150 promo they have going. I was soo surprised considering everything I'd read in the forums about chase wanting to see 1 year of history. Late july I was approved for a Discover card so thats the only history I have. I applied and got the dreaded "7-10" message (which turned out to be just for verification). I also opened a Chase checking and savings account last month that had 10k deposited into it so maybe that helped? I dunno but I'm so happy right now! Does anyone know how long chase takes to send those cards out? Discover was like 2 day shipping.

Congrats! When I turned 18 last year I got denied for freedom (provided i already had 3 cards....lol) 

Chase takes long for these standard cards....for me it was a week or a little longer than a week. 

Message 3 of 4
olskoldiva
Valued Member

Congrats on you approval

EX:777: TU:781: EQ: 783

Discover It:$12800, Citi DC:$12100, Chase Freedom: $7500, BOA:$25000, BB Visa:$4000, Walmart:$10000, Lowes:$10000, AMEX BCE:$14300, CHASE AARP:$6000, Ebates:$15000, Citi TY Preferred:$8300
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.