Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited!

I'm 21, so my credit history is a short tale. Started with a Capital One Secured Mastercard when I turned 18, Discover It a couple months later, closed my Capital One card, got a Chase Freedom almost two years ago. Now I applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited and was instantly approved for a $4K CL. I wonder what my next card will be? I'll find out next year...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Dahlia77
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited!

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm 21, so my credit history is a short tale. Started with a Capital One Secured Mastercard when I turned 18, Discover It a couple months later, closed my Capital One card, got a Chase Freedom almost two years ago. Now I applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited and was instantly approved for a $4K CL. I wonder what my next card will be? I'll find out next year...

Congrats on the approval!  And for being ahead of the game by starting out so early.  You'll be ahead of most of the crowd!

Message 2 of 21
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

That's great for anyone, especially a 21 year old! Smiley Very Happy Congratulations!! 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow kudos to you on being so fiscally responsible at 21! Congrats on your approval!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !

Message 6 of 21
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

I would suggest that you ask Discover for a CLI on your Discover IT card. I'm sure they'll give you another $1k at least without a HP since you've been with them so long. Congrats on your credit journey. I didn't trust credit cards for years and I just started to understand about them December 2014. Success happens quick when your self-disciplined.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 7 of 21
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the support, guys! Managing credit is fun for me - I began planning my credit debut months before I turned 18. Like @joeaseer said: "Success happens quick when you're self-disciplined." Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeaseer wrote:

I would suggest that you ask Discover for a CLI on your Discover IT card. I'm sure they'll give you another $1k at least without a HP since you've been with them so long. Congrats on your credit journey. I didn't trust credit cards for years and I just started to understand about them December 2014. Success happens quick when your self-disciplined.

@joeaseer: What a good idea! I wasn't even aware that some companies (e.g. Discover) did CLIs without a hard pull. I just called them and they increased my CL by $1,500, so now my Discover It is at $3,500. Thank you for the tip! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.